• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Todays Weather where you live?

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yup, back into the 60s this week. Some days it didn't even hit 60. I think it's in part due to the smoke from Canada, but not completely.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh is THAT where the smoke was coming from? I couldn't tell, but did wear a tight mask when I went out this afternoon, because I didn't like what I was seeing when I looked out the window.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
at first when I read Canada Fire I thought it was a new brand of whisky being released! :oopsie:

1686197284435.png

McGyver

Energetic
77°F with 67% humidity... We are back in the red "Unhealthy" air zone again...
This was yesterday evening as the yellow zone "Moderate" air was changing over to orange "Unhealthy for people with health issues"...

IMG_1075.jpeg

It was actually a little redder, but the camera didn't seem to pick that up...
But it's still better than on June 7th...
IMG_4863.jpeg

That little dull orange dot is the sun... on what should have been a cloudless day... and again the camera isn't capturing the full intensity of the redness... that day when the sun did show through, it had a heavy magenta hue, despite the red-orangeness of the sky.
At least today the sky is just a dirty yellow-grey.

DanaTA

Distinguished
83F here right now. Slight haziness in the sky, but nothing like what you have, McGyver! From here, it will start to cool off...not by a lot, but this is the high for today. Well, I didn't check earlier, but usually between 4:30 and 5:30 is the high.

Dana

Terre

Renowned
Eep! I hope they can get those fires under control soon. They were expecting sometime this month and I hope they are right.

Miss B

CV-BEE
We hit around 85F today (July 1st), and they were predicting thunderstorms in the late afternoon/early evening.

Well the thunderstorms hit a lot closer to me this time, and was so loud I nearly jumped off my chair. I went into the kitchen to see how bad it was, and my fire-escape steps were dripping profusely.

Whoa,, and now the sun's out again . . . well not really "sun", as we don't see it bright in the early evening as it starts to set.

DanaTA

Distinguished
A serious thunderstorm just rolled through. It lasted more than a half hour. One flash was close...judgeing by the thunder, it was less than one second after the flash...that means less than 1,100 feet (sound travels at 1,100 feet per second). I looked out all the windows to see if there was a fire somewhere close. I shut down the computer until it passed.

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Whoa, that's not good news weather-wise. We didn't have any lightning this morning, just a lot of rain.
By the time I went out early afternoon, everything that had been drenched earlier was dry.

I did feel a couple of drops now and then, but it didn't start raining again. Right now all I'm seeing are very thick white clouds, not any grey storm clouds, and they're predicting no rain for the next couple of days, which is always good.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Whoa, that's not good news weather-wise. We didn't have any lightning this morning, just a lot of rain.
By the time I went out early afternoon, everything that had been drenched earlier was dry.

I did feel a couple of drops now and then, but it didn't start raining again. Right now all I'm seeing are very thick white clouds, not any grey storm clouds, and they're predicting no rain for the next couple of days, which is always good.
Yeah, when I watched the weather last night, it looked like it was coming from the west just above your area, right across my area, traveling east and slightly northward. The sky is much brighter now, at 6:44 pm, than it was at 3:00 pm!

Dana

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a cold wintery clear skies 19c ( 68F ) here on the south coast of NSW this week... even worse at night with temps around 5c ( 40f )

bring on spring.... :shineon: