• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Haha....thought so :) I completed three Doc faces, plus the revised Bean face, so I'm getting them zipped for upload.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Some successful XD conversions for Hein...Bad Cowboy...M4 Basketball...XD Hoodie with M4 Street Jeans...Poserworld Trek Uniform...and RDNA Legends :)

hein-bad-cowboy.jpg
hein-basketball.jpg

hein-hoodie-and-jeans.jpg
hein-trek.jpg

hein-legends.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Here are the four face morphs for Doctor Pitterbill, including a revised Mr. Bean, zipped and attached to this forum post. Have fun with them :) If nothing else, they can be time-saving starter poses.

DOC BEAN FACE.jpg

DOC FACE - 01.jpg

DOC FACE - 02.jpg

DOC FACE - 03.jpg

Attachments

• DOC FACES.zip
    711.2 KB · Views: 146

Terre

Renowned
Have a good nap. :)
I wonder how Charles and Deb are doing. It's been a long time since he poked in here.

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) I had an excellent nap...over five hours, that's a lot more than a nap, but obviously it was restful, and I must have needed it. Yeah, I wonder about Charles too...he may go in and out of seasons of being busy with Deb's health issues. I know from experience that it has a way of swallowing your time, concentration and incentive to do much else. Hope they are doing okay.

:bee:

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...look at that detail in the face...you've done a Pitterbill Truman, complete with vintage news style rendering :) That's bordering on amazing... okay...so now we're crossing over into character portraits. Times like this, I miss my coffee...this would normally have taken a cup of coffee and some thought, back in the day....haha. Isn't Pitterbill a great character for this stuff...he has so many dials in the face, more so than Hein. That's fantastic Linda B!....and you're stretching me....haha.

buck-stops-here.jpg

:drawing:

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
You know, I've done the same thing....and I've learned to just sit down and start messing with a face until something jumps out at me...that's often when the ideas come. I especially learned after this mess especially, to just let it happen on its own...haha.

HEIN BAD HAIR DAY
hein-bad-hair-day.jpg

skylab

Esteemed
Oh he turned out good...I like Ed Asner :)

Okay...you're taking a break now....it will give me a chance to catch up. I'm considering something totally outrageous, so I'm not sure it can be done...and it will take some fiddling and experimenting with the dials, plus some texture work this evening...haha. I'll need a completely beardless Pitterbill face...and that's the only hint you're getting...so be prepared :)

You've done some good stuff today :) I'm enjoying the fun!

:drawing:

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Terre :) Yes, it's like we've entered a time warp, or Back to the Future...it's 2012 again :) It's way more fun to bounce ideas off one another :) The timing of this was much needed, as I'd about given up all hope of it ever being this much fun again.

Well, I've been gathering reference photos and pondering the next character, so I think I'll turn in for the night, and get an early start tomorrow.

Have a good evening everyone :)

:sleep: