• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

So sad to see RDNA go to its grave, because that is what it is. Never been a big customer (darn you, money) but that has been the place for outstanding and unique stuff. Hope to see most of the content creators come here, I suppose. Just had to say this to get it off my chest. Had many emails over the years, but this was a sad day for the Poser scene.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Just a quick hi to you, Wise Donkey (cute avatar!). It is sad...I've bought a lot of content at RDNA over the years.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I am *really* going to miss the Deep Freeze collection. That was a concept that I very much approved of. Permanent discount of a lot of old stuff that very often was still excellent of its kind and eminently usable. Even if the textures were pretty low-res, you could always use them to fill the background. And there were all kinds of plant models.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
So sad to see RDNA go to its grave, because that is what it is. Never been a big customer (darn you, money) but that has been the place for outstanding and unique stuff. Hope to see most of the content creators come here, I suppose. Just had to say this to get it off my chest. Had many emails over the years, but this was a sad day for the Poser scene.

Hey thanks for jumping in to comment. Appreciate your thoughts Wise Donkey.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I grabbed quite a few Deep Freeze items, most of the jungle props and plants and a lot of the their bushes, shrubs , and grasses. Greetings Sir Donkey!! Adorable avatar there!!

Just a quick hi to you, Wise Donkey (cute avatar!).
Hello to you too (I rarely haunt forum, but it was time to recreate my account here), and thank you. Drew it myself just for Hivewire Forum. :)

I am *really* going to miss the Deep Freeze collection.
I know, right? Money being scare, I had so much I was going to buy (bought stuff before too) - and with some luck that would be 'soon' now, but, yeah. Gone now. :(

Greetings Sir Donkey!! Adorable avatar there!!
Greetings to you too, WannaWatchTheWorldBurnOrSomething o_O - and thanks to you too, although that'd be Ma'am I suppose. :D

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I am *really* going to miss the Deep Freeze collection. That was a concept that I very much approved of. Permanent discount of a lot of old stuff that very often was still excellent of its kind and eminently usable. Even if the textures were pretty low-res, you could always use them to fill the background. And there were all kinds of plant models.

Yes. I picked up SO many of the plant related props out of the Deep Freeze over the years. They are GREAT for filling out an exterior scene without killing your computer's RAM. :( And sure enough it didn't take Daz but five dang minutes to kill that right fast...

@The Wise Donkey Welcome. And I love that little donkey! He's very cute. I feel your pain on Deep Freeze stuff. They nuked that as fast as they could by the looks of it. :/

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
@The Wise Donkey Well from a Wize Donkey I would expect nothing less! =) LOL Nope Old DnD nick name just stuck! =P I guess no one likes a level 30 Paladin with a flaming sword that accidentally well........... =) hehe. Word of advice. Don't pull a flaming sword near an ocean made of alcohol !! Madam Donkey!

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes. I picked up SO many of the plant related props out of the Deep Freeze over the years. They are GREAT for filling out an exterior scene without killing your computer's RAM. :( And sure enough it didn't take Daz but five dang minutes to kill that right fast...

@The Wise Donkey Welcome. And I love that little donkey! He's very cute. I feel your pain on Deep Freeze stuff. They nuked that as fast as they could by the looks of it. :/

I just checked back over there to see that the Khmer Temple construction kit was relisted as $15.00 sticker shock!! I think it was like $3.75, but a really fun set!! They do for sure cut down on your render time and very nicely fill the scene!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I just checked back over there to see that the Khmer Temple construction kit was relisted as $15.00 sticker shock!! I think it was like $3.75, but a really fun set!! They do for sure cut down on your render time and very nicely fill the scene!!

Yup. And a lot of the deep freeze plants are right back up to $10. They're making sure they milk every penny they can get, as fast as they can get it out of this.

I have a LOT of those deep freeze plants... but I still had a lot of them wishlisted, too. Even at the deep freeze prices, the stuff does add up a lot. I've also noticed price hikes on some other stuff already, too... was Caliente V4 a Deep Freeze item? I can't remember, but it used to be something like $7.49 on the wishlist, and when I was emptying my list out tonight, I noticed that it was all the way up at $14.95 again. And the one Penny hair megabundle.. back up to $30. But I am pretty sure the Penny Hair item was a deep freeze... so... yeah. Eh. Anyway.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah, we had to start all over with new characters be cause I killed everyone except the cleric who happened to have a charm of protection against fire. =P How was I supposed to know it was Alcohol?

LMAO If I'd been in that game, I think I would have made a medal to pin on you for that stunt!! :roflmao: :rofl:

And I love that little donkey! He's very cute. I feel your pain on Deep Freeze stuff. They nuked that as fast as they could by the looks of it. :/
Thank you, she's blushing now. :x3:

Yes, I got the email and headed over there, since I rarely visit forums. Way, way too late for me to grab anything. Gorram frelling yotz, not shiny at all. :mad:

Word of advice. Don't pull a flaming sword near an ocean made of alcohol !!
Sound advice, I promise I shan't do that. *scribbles down note -- flaming sword + alcohol ocean = big badaboom*

Yeah, we had to start all over with new characters be cause I killed everyone except the cleric who happened to have a charm of protection against fire. =P How was I supposed to know it was Alcohol?
Ha, I died as a dragon once, in a dungeon, crushing all of my friends as we were cornered by ghouls and level draining monsters. Who knew that 'Last Resort' potion from the previous campaign was going to do that? :confused:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I really like the violets I had those wishlisted and ...... I think the rose bushes.

I think she was If I remember correctly. Sigh =(

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist

Yes, I got the email and headed over there, since I rarely visit forums. Way, way too late for me to grab anything. Gorram frelling yotz, not shiny at all. :mad:

Sound advice, I promise I shan't do that. *scribbles down note -- flaming sword + alcohol ocean = big badaboom*

Ha, I died as a dragon once, in a dungeon, crushing all of my friends as we were cornered by ghouls and level draining monsters. Who knew that 'Last Resort' potion from the previous campaign was going to do that? :confused:
Good to see some old time DnD players around. I like the gauntlets of Deafening I had ....... sigh very kewl item those especially against Banshee.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

:sorry: That's what I get for not double-checking the poster info AND typing while I'm being howled at by a cranky over-tired teenager. LMAO

Sorry! :)

Yeah. No shinies. None at all. I've basically wiped out my wishlist; picked up a couple of things that I expect them to mothball as soon as they think no one's looking, and just deleted the rest. *shrugs* The deep freeze plants were really sweet to use, and made up the bulk of my DF purchasing, I admit. But, I have a TON of plants, too.

And there are plenty of freebie ones to be found if needed... and if I can't find what I like, I'll take some dang pictures of the plants and stick them on a flat plane with some transparencies. That's how a lot of those old plant groups were done anyway! They're really valuable for filling out exteriors without killing the computer's RAM.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Well, I'm needing sleep so ........... Better call it a night and get some!! :sleep: and hope we haven't highjacked the thread too much!