• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

jan19

Enthusiast
Thanks so much, you all -- for the welcomes! :) I appreciate them very, very much -- great to see all of you, too.

Wherever I go, I'm going to get on somebody's nerves, so I was giving you guys a break for awhile. ;-)

Again, shocker about the DNA merger. Guess the tone of recent products should've been a hint, but I never dreamed that DNA would merge with anyone. It was such an independent, go our own way site.

I guess they have their reasons though.

Anyway, thanks again -- great to be at HW. And I'll be on my best behavior. :) No worries, admins.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Any chance of this becoming the new home for Poser's official forums? Or would that be too much chaos in this peaceful hive?

Chuck told me that they'll have to move the forum, but he didn't say where or when.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Color me very sad. I know I said it before but it really is sad.

Apparently DAZ is saying that they will keep RDNA's current Poser content (the older and newer stuff) and will accept their newer stuff going forward. Buuut... I hope they keep to this, as it would be a shame to lose all of the great scripts and Poser environments that RDNA makes.

The deep freeze is gone from over there, and the Real Deals, even the new ones are all 5 bucks.

I wouldn't get my hopes up on DAZ keeping Poser content moving forward. If they wanted to support Poser, they've certainly had their chances and have very purposely made certain choices.

DavidB

New-Bee
I'm very concerned about this. Strong Poser sales mean very little when the amount of available content for Poser is harder to find. Many of my favorite vendors have gone to DS only products. It looks as if Daz3D's decision to go DS only have had a rippling effect in both the DS and Poser worlds. Daz3d is restricting the marketplaces for vendors to sell Poser content and pushing vendors to make DS content.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I wouldn't get my hopes up on DAZ keeping Poser content moving forward. If they wanted to support Poser, they've certainly had their chances and have very purposely made certain choices.

You said it SO much more diplomatically than I ever could... LOL.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I'm very concerned about this. Strong Poser sales mean very little when the amount of available content for Poser is harder to find. Many of my favorite vendors have gone to DS only products. It looks as if Daz3D's decision to go DS only have had a rippling effect in both the DS and Poser worlds. Daz3d is restricting the marketplaces for vendors to sell Poser content and pushing vendors to make DS content.

First, welcome, David!

No pushing here. We love to see people produce content for both products if they have interest, ability and desire to do so, but welcome DS only and Poser only products equally as well.

We welcome vendors looking for a new , friendly home for their content!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes. Chris did.

I'm really biting my tongue quite a bit over this whole thing. After all, if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a duck. Which is probably an insult to all ducks everywhere. But, DAZ made it rather clear several years ago that support of Poser and Poser users is nothing but hot air and broken promises.

frogimus

Adventurous
Welcome @DavidB

I have a feeling the Poser universe will move to a different marketplace. Renderosity, as big as it is, seems to be trying its best to suicide. CP seems the natural choice, but it needs a serious overhaul cause its just painful to navigate.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Welcome @DavidB!

Sometimes the seeds of opportunity are sewn when you least expect them.

Apparently Daz is very corperate minded, and not such a good thing in my opinion. So, sure Daz is making a corperate move it seems in cornering the market and saturating it with their products, but eventually you get an oversaturation of the market place and then that's when something new/different is more desirable than just another version of X.

You have a point there Sunfire!

Last edited:

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
CP needs some help with quality too.

CP's biggest issue is navigation being so clunky, followed by the appearance overall of the website.

Quality is another one, yes, but I basically treat CP as a big flea market. Just like an open air flea market, you have to sift through the rubble to find the gems. They are there, but they require a lot of sifting to find. They also historically requires much lower price points, which is one of the reasons I was originally selling there.

The final nail in the coffin for me, though, and this is why I almost NEVER buy there, is their policy with expiring downloads of content you've purchased. Sorry, that's a deal-breaker for me. Yes, even with multiple backups.

CP would need to get on board with the rest of the Poser/Daz markets in terms of their downloadable purchases before I would ever consider buying from them on a regular basis. The only things I pick up from them are things I really need, and cannot find ANYWHERE else, and then they promptly get backed up to my various backup HDs, because I refuse to pay a fee just to have a STILL-expiring download date that happens to be a little longer than the default expiration.

So.. yeah. CP is not ideal... they'd need to really rework their policies and their site to get a lot of business from me.

I'm really sad about this... I actually liked RDNA. A lot. I liked the much darker themes... I have a couple of Gen4 items that I used to sell on CP, that I don't think I could even submit here, because of the PG rating. I love this place, but with the PG rating it kind of blocks out my ability to submit a few of my items here. And folks like Mor-V or Sixus1 would have a VERY difficult time making the rating without damaging the feel of their products.

Exactly. I have quite a bit of anxiety over this actually, because if you read a little between the lines, they seem excited about the end of their website. I cannot believe that they have any true idea of what the outcome of this will be. I just feel sad for the artists and vendors who called that site home, many who may now find themselves cut adrift.

I don't believe their sugar and milk approach for even one moment, Aether. That's their public game-face. It's the PR campaign. It is not in any way representative of the people behind it, IMO. They have GOT to know just WHAT Daz is going to do to their ten years worth of hard work. There's no way they would have survived even THIS long if they weren't intelligent individuals.

It's too bad. It really is. But like it's been mentioned before in this thread... maybe, MAYBE this COULD be an opportunity to open things up a bit more and get some of this content back out into the large community pasture, instead of locking it all up inside of a couple of secure barns.

Just my take on it. But then I'm trying to find a positive in all of this somewhere, so maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome @DavidB

I have a feeling the Poser universe will move to a different marketplace. Renderosity, as big as it is, seems to be trying its best to suicide. CP seems the natural choice, but it needs a serious overhaul cause its just painful to navigate.

Well, Hivewire welcomes the Poser universe AND the DAZ Studio universe ;)

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Alisa! LOL! Thinking Daz is wanting it to be their Universe !!

=) lol brace for supernova!!

HW can keep it at relative speed for sure!!

Willowisp

Adventurous
The final nail in the coffin for me, though, and this is why I almost NEVER buy there, is their policy with expiring downloads of content you've purchased. Sorry, that's a deal-breaker for me. Yes, even with multiple backups.

This. So much this. There are some good items at CP, I have bought a couple, but expiring downloads is not worth it.

I agree with you on RDNA too, it was my favourite marketplace. I really like HW of course, but I prefer the 'darker' side of RDNA as you said. I've never been much of a 'family friendly' person myself :x3: and if I became a vendor, there would probably be many things I could not sell here

Zaarin

Brilliant
Well, Hivewire welcomes the Poser universe AND the DAZ Studio universe ;)
That's what I love about this place (and RDNA)--I feel like any Poser-user at DAZ is going to be hanged, drawn, quartered, and beheaded, while any DS user is going to face a similar fate at Rendo (though that seems to be changing). RDNA and Hivewire seemed to be the two oases of sanity. I guess soon that will be down to just Hivewire...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I wonder if Rendo is going to take over the forums for smith micro...They already have tutorials there...