• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Runtime DNA merges with DAZ 3D

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
CP's biggest issue is navigation being so clunky, followed by the appearance overall of the website.

Quality is another one, yes, but I basically treat CP as a big flea market. Just like an open air flea market, you have to sift through the rubble to find the gems. They are there, but they require a lot of sifting to find. They also historically requires much lower price points, which is one of the reasons I was originally selling there.

The final nail in the coffin for me, though, and this is why I almost NEVER buy there, is their policy with expiring downloads of content you've purchased. Sorry, that's a deal-breaker for me. Yes, even with multiple backups.

CP would need to get on board with the rest of the Poser/Daz markets in terms of their downloadable purchases before I would ever consider buying from them on a regular basis. The only things I pick up from them are things I really need, and cannot find ANYWHERE else, and then they promptly get backed up to my various backup HDs, because I refuse to pay a fee just to have a STILL-expiring download date that happens to be a little longer than the default expiration.

So.. yeah. CP is not ideal... they'd need to really rework their policies and their site to get a lot of business from me.

I'm really sad about this... I actually liked RDNA. A lot. I liked the much darker themes... I have a couple of Gen4 items that I used to sell on CP, that I don't think I could even submit here, because of the PG rating. I love this place, but with the PG rating it kind of blocks out my ability to submit a few of my items here. And folks like Mor-V or Sixus1 would have a VERY difficult time making the rating without damaging the feel of their products.

I don't believe their sugar and milk approach for even one moment, Aether. That's their public game-face. It's the PR campaign. It is not in any way representative of the people behind it, IMO. They have GOT to know just WHAT Daz is going to do to their ten years worth of hard work. There's no way they would have survived even THIS long if they weren't intelligent individuals.

It's too bad. It really is. But like it's been mentioned before in this thread... maybe, MAYBE this COULD be an opportunity to open things up a bit more and get some of this content back out into the large community pasture, instead of locking it all up inside of a couple of secure barns.

Just my take on it. But then I'm trying to find a positive in all of this somewhere, so maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part.
This is true-- I guess we just need to be positive. I just hope that the vendors over there who were supporting Dawn and Dusk will come over to Hivewire and really any other vendor who might want to give another storefront a chance.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Better yet! LOL .......... and my good angel is telling me NO!! We flood Daz with fantastic renders of Dawn and Dusk !! Bah, would never do that .......... but sure sounds like fun!!

:rofl: :lol:

I would never do it... but it is fun to think about, yes!

This is true-- I guess we just need to be positive. I just hope that the vendors over there who were supporting Dawn and Dusk will come over to Hivewire and really any other vendor who might want to give another storefront a chance.

Yes, that's my point, Aether. I'm looking for a positive in all of this. The positive I see, is that maybe we might start seeing some more content in the open community pastures, instead of just sitting in a specific three "big name" stores.

I've been talking on and off with Dana... I was originally going to stick to HiveWire exclusively as far as selling. But now, after reading all of this with RDNA and Daz... I don't know. I'm starting to think about maybe doing both. YURDigital is also still around, as well as CG Society which was mentioned before... and I know there are some others out there, too.

Has anyone heard anything out of PoserAddicts recently? Are they even still in business anymore?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:rofl: :lol:

I would never do it... but it is fun to think about, yes!
If you tried posting them on the forum, the posts would be removed immediately, if not sooner. If you tried uploading them to a gallery, they just wouldn't be accepted. You can't just upload anything in a gallery at DAZ, never could. You upload and keep your fingers crossed it gets approved. One reason why my two galleries have always been at RDNA and R'osity. I really do need to upload a bunch of stuff here too.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
This is on facebook...
Dear Customer

We are very excited to make a groundbreaking announcement today. Runtime DNA Inc., and Daz3D recently merged. Yes, it’s true! We are thrilled to become part of one of the most successful companies in our industry and we want you to be the first to know.

In the past month we have been on site at Daz to witness so much of what they have to offer. The atmosphere for published artists and customers alike is outstanding. With active, helpful forums, a great customer service staff, and beautiful galleries, Daz is state of the art.

We’ve become part of a group of people who truly care about our success. Daz and Runtime DNA share the same core values with regard to you, the member and customer. It is one of most compelling reasons for us to take such a giant leap forward. Seeing is after all, believing. We had the chance to do so. As a result we are able to come to you today with such a powerful sense of renewal and confidence in our work, and what we are about to accomplish.

As many of you know, in July of 2015 we began releasing Daz Studio products into the Runtime DNA marketplace. An instant hit in our store, Daz users everywhere contacted us through email and on site to let us know how happy they were to see us making DAZ products. We had a decision to make, and the choice was clear. We built a new artistic platform for ourselves and we’re so proud to become part of the Daz team.

As we move in this powerful new direction we will work together with the web team at Daz to facilitate a smooth transition from Runtime DNA to DAZ. Right now, everything is the same, the store is open, and the forums are running. I am sure your questions are many so let us cover a few key points now so you know exactly how this will affect you and your purchases.

If you wish to merge your DNA account with your DAZ account, simply do the following:

If your login email address is the same at both sites, then you don’t need to do anything. As products migrate from DNA to Daz you’ll just see them show up in your account at Daz.

If you use a different email address at the two sites, please change the email address on your Runtime DNA account to match the one on your Daz Account.

If you do not already have a Daz account, please create one, using the same email address as you use on your account at Runtime DNA.

All your downloads at DNA are currently available through runtimeDNA.com and will be for several weeks. The forums and Gallery will remain open. Please continue as you are.

Product Support Teams from DAZ and Runtime DNA will work together to ensure any questions you have are easily and professionally managed.

We are forging a new way, a new life, and moving in a new direction. Runtime DNA is now at home inside the explosive world of Daz3D. The Daz commitment to excellence is unwavering. Their technology keeps growing and expanding in a fluid, dynamic atmosphere of unbounded creative strength. Runtime DNA has always been an artistic tour de force. Together the future is so much brighter. We’ve become one and we want you to join us. Be a part of it all!

Syyd, Colm and Eric"

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
I am really saddened at this news. I loved RDNA and the "feel" and perspective they provided in their products, render challenges and just generally the "darker" side of things. I feel like this merger is the loss of a needed outlet to express those darker things and it just saddens me. Light cannot be appreciated without the dark and dark cannot be appreciated without the light.

All I can think of at the moment is "when someone shows you their true colors, don't try and repaint them." I don't believe for a minute that they will care about Poser users any longer than they have to. It's a big corporation controlled by investors who want to double or triple their investment before skipping off fat and happy. Poser is the last of their priorities ... IF it even makes the list.

Time will certainly clear the smoke and break the mirrors ...

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Huh... I have several gallery images at Daz of Dusk and of Harry, Ken's birds etc, most don't use ANY Daz products. And I know I am not the only one. Never had a problem. They just don't link to any products obviously.

I haven't posted in the forums there since I stopped being a a PA there so I can't speak to that. I DID very much enjoy Jepe's comments in the Daz forums about how much better Harry is than the DH2 tho:)

All I can say is we and HW should def reach out to those at RDNA especially those with Dawn/Dusk/other HW related products. There are still vendors at Daz with stores elsewhere so they haven't "lowered the boom" on that... yet....though admittedly not many of them. Also just because Daz 'bought" RDNA I doubt that makes it so that a given RDNA vendor HAS to sell their current RDNA products at Daz.. (at least the ones Daz "approves"). If so that is truly insane.. and I can't see how it would even be legal. NOBODY can force someone to sell at Daz.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So.. yeah. CP is not ideal... they'd need to really rework their policies and their site to get a lot of business from me.
I've never been a big fan of CP, and the only things I purchased in the past 5 or 6 years was Poser7 4 years ago, and Poser9 2 1/2 years ago, with no purchases in between them. The only other things I can remember purchasing there was the standalone Wardrobe Wizard 2.0 and several expansion packs for it back in September 2008 and April 2009, respectively. I remember a lot of their vendors, including PhilC the creator of Wardrobe Wizard, left CP when they made a lot of changes to their store policies a number of years ago.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I can never navigate my way around CP...I just get so lost...even the sign in...if I have a link I clicked...I then sign in and boom the link is gone...so click the link again...nope not signed in...in the end I forget it!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Also just because Daz 'bought" RDNA I doubt that makes it so that a given RDNA vendor HAS to sell their current RDNA products at Daz.. (at least the ones Daz "approves"). If so that is truly insane.. and I can't see how it would even be legal. NOBODY can force someone to sell at Daz.
True Laurie, but I remember the old PoserPros site years ago. DAZ took it over, and a year or so afterwards, it was gone.

Of course, with the posts I've seen at RDNA about having to make sure your RDNA email address is the same as your DAZ email address, and that your order history will be added to your DAZ order history, assuming you have a DAZ account, makes me think everything will be moved over.

If they just move over the Genesis related products at RDNA to the DAZ store, and leave everything else at RDNA's site, that wouldn't bother me, because I gave up on Genesis with versions 2 and 3, so I wouldn't miss those products at the RDNA site.

What I will miss are the Poser specific scripts and addons that make our lives easier. What will folks like Joe/Netherworks do in a store like DAZ? I just don't see that happening, or lasting very long if it does happen.

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
Although it sounds like they will eventually be closing the RDNA site with the exception of the galleries and forums, at least they plan to leave those up, but for how long, who knows.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not long I would think. DAZ opened the ArtZone subdomain with forums (if that's what you wanted to call them) and galleries after they closed the PoserPros site, but that didn't last that long either, though I didn't miss it as it wasn't really set up right like the forums we're used to seeing.

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Probably until there site fees that have been paid for run out...

What I will miss are the Poser specific scripts and addons that make our lives easier. What will folks like Joe/Netherworks do in a store like DAZ? I just don't see that happening, or lasting very long if it does happen.

I am worried about that too MissB

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Probably until there site fees that have been paid for run out...

I am worried about that too MissB

This may be a legitimate concern. Netherworks is now working for Rooster Teeth full time is what I've been told, and he doesn't have much time to keep up his efforts for script things I would think. He's replaced Chuck Taylor who is obviously at SM now. But if no one is even there to nurture on the script products they may be sloughed off even earlier then expected. Perhaps you should ask that question directly to Eric VD or Syyd and see if they'll really tell you what you need to know.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes I remember Joe mentioned his full time job last year when I posted that I'd like a HCS addon for Dusk (I already have the one for Dawn, and he said he didn't know when he would get to any new addons because he packed up his family and moved for this new job.

I may take you up on that Chris. I don't know if Eric would know, but I may get in touch with Syyd and see what, if anything, she'll tell me.