• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Postage Stamp Art Challenge

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Are we supposed to post it here, I'm gonna do it anyway cos I'm a rebel and I don't care :D

stamp.jpg

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Already posted in the SBRM Render thread about Lyne's lovely stamp. Dawn, that's beautiful. Good to see you - it's been awhile!!

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Already posted in the SBRM Render thread about Lyne's lovely stamp. Dawn, that's beautiful. Good to see you - it's been awhile!!
Hello Alisa, thanks :)
yeah sorry about me going AWOL what with Christmas and now learning DAZ full time I'm sorta keeping my head down, (but saw this and had to have a bit of fun) I was gonna do a day a week on DAZ but thought what the heck I need to get down and crack that whip! lol. Problem with that is that I am not making anything in the meantime, but think it's best this way (a day a week will take forever and I will forget what I did the previous week)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Makes sense Dawn...I find that I need to do things regularly for a week or two to embed the learning.
Thats 2nd October 2016 to me, :p:p:p:p
Great idea folks, just reading through and i will post mine.

edit - lol POST mine! get it! :D
Lol...nice catch I'll fix it I keep forgetting Americans have the date back to front. Edited to add...silly me forgot I had already fixed this...my brain is seriously in neutral today.
Posting here is fine. I still have to check with Alisa how to go about setting up a thread we can vote in but I'll transfer the images over to there so people can see them without all the conversation to make it easier to vote.

Edited to add: I love your stamp. Reminiscent of British stamps with the queen on them...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Dawn - WOW just gorgeous!!!!!!! I really really really love your take on a postage stamp!!! And yes, this is the thread... Pen took my idea and ran with it, which thrilled me no end...and VERY glad the idea grabbed your muse's attention too! :)

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Thanks Pen and Lyne,
Yes the great British Stamp, I looked at the stamps and coins over the year and thought this era was the prettiest, think she has her crown in the others. this seems to be the silhouette they use for the small head when they put other pics on the stamp, you see it in white in the corners.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I thought I'd seen it previously on stamps or something like it. The crown was the most common one in the past. The standard stamps used to just have her head on them IIRC. We used to get lots of mail when I was a kid from England.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
We still have the basic head one that's the standard, the picture ones are usually commemorative or celebratory like christmas.

A piece of trivia for ya, the queen faces right on the coins and her father faced left, the heads alternate in each direction on each new monarch, so whoever is after Lizzy will be facing left (personally if it's Charles I thinks he should face forward so we can see his ears :D

Think this would make a great stamp
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2701/4444318891_7705374384_o.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:rofl: Love the image too! You don't think they'll skip Charles totally? I have seen stamps with her father's head on so I knew that they faced different directions I didn't know that they alternated though. My sister has a stamp collection now but growning up it was my brother who collected stamps. I still remember helping him to soak them off the envelopes. Having migrated from England we got lots of English stamps...

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
:d
You can't soak them off any more, they are self adhesive and they put a small perforation tag thing in the middle, too many people were soaking them off and then pritt sticking them down and using them again, of course I never did that, :rolleyes: :whistling: :D :) :laugh: ;) :roflmao: :p
Not sure if they would skip him, it's been discussed in the press over the years but all speculative, I wouldn't mind seeing Charles king, I think he's fairly down to earth as the royals go (then again, his generation down all are to some degree) Even though he's in his 30's I think William is too young and wet behind the ears still. let him fly his helicopter a bit longer.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ours are self adhesive too. Never realised what it meant for stamp collectors though. Fair enough...how do you feel about Camilla as queen or do you think they would relagate her to consort?

Last edited:

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
To be honest, Pen, I am not bothered about Camilla, a lot of people don't want her to be as she's taken Diana's place, but I see it as she should have been at his side from the start. (sorry if that's upset anyone, lol but i see her as his soulmate)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Fair enough...I agree he should never have married Diana feeling as he did. Don't know enough about why that was to comment.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Oh NICE!!! Isn't it fun to do art ideas/projects that are fast, and just really FUN! :)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys :) I like these challenges, they make you do things that you normally wouldn't thing of doing :)