• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Postage Stamp Art Challenge

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PLEASE NOTE FOLKS: I have written to Chris and Lisa about using the logo... and will act on it as soon as they let me know... but KEEP IN MIND, PLEASE that now - it is clear that we need to request permission for any use of the logo... the more I think about it, the more I'm thinking it could be a "can of worms"... like what if some unscrupulous person stole my art and used it to have REAL postage made? Anyway, I did present all my concerns to them, and I'll wait to hear back on this "stamp art" issue. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Ok... latest update: I changed my stamp image (see page one) - removed the logo and used my own text using the words "HiveWire3D" instead... I feel much better, as I'd never like to create a problem for my "family" here!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks to Lyne and her wonderful idea about creating postage stamps from renders and the interest shown in the thread we decided to make this into a challenge...sorry no prizes but maybe when it finishes we can vote on the renders?
I think a month gives everyone who's interested time to come up with a render or two.
So starting now and ending on the 10th February 2016.

So here's the rules...

Must have a postage stamp edge either by using the photoshop action Lyne found or creating your own using this tutorial.
If there are any difficulties with this I'm happy to create a png file with the stamp as a frame at 1600x 1600. People can adjust it to fit their renders. Let me know if this is needed.

Make it look as real as you like but please do not use any copyrighted logos without permission from the owner.

I think that covers it but if I missed something let me know...

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uhhhh, Pen. I think you meant 2/10/2016. Here in the US, we put the month first, and then the day and year.

BTW, this should be a fun render challenge. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Okay...I'll change it and write the month. Then no one will be confused...Alisa is going to work some magic and it will go to the first post. Fingers crossed...

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ok, that'll be better for those of us not used to the way non-USA countries usually write dates.

Oh and one other thing, for those who are using PSP, I wasn't able to recreate the method Lyne used in her tutorial, but it can be done manually. I tried it and it came out fairly decently, but it will take longer to do, so Pen, if you want to make that PNG "model" of the edge, that would be great for those who don't use Photoshop.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
thanks Miss B...I did it the way I new using duplicate and merge to gradually build up a line of them and then just duplicated and rotated. Possibly easier with a dynamic brush but that required thinking about it...

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's basically how I did it in PSP earlier, though I didn't make it that large. I just tried to see if I could get anything at all, though I like the cutouts you made in the corners, as I didn't do that in mine. Yours definitely looks a lot better than mine did. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Steampunk stamps maybe? Or Explorer Of the World Stamps...

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Love the above image Lyne!! Soo sweet!!
This is a very kewl idea!! I can remember Drooling over the Star Wars collectors editions when they came out and first day issue covers.

Laurie, also has a gorgeous painted pony one at Zazzle!
Spirit Warrior Postage