• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Postage Stamp Art Challenge

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Lovely stamp Lyne, and yes I use that code for the cent sign (¢) all the time. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
There must be a PSP user (or someone who uses both progams who can convert the method to PSP :)
I have both PSP (ver. 7) and PS (ver. CS2) installed, so I'll take a look at it and see if I can get it to work in PSP7. If I can, then it'll be easy enough to use in newer versions of PSP.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you so much... I'm waiting for Chris and/or Lisa to get back to Alisa- who is going to make sure if my using the store logo really IS ok or not... I still have my image in psd layers so I can edit that to just SAY HiveWire, instead of the logo... I do LIKE the logo though, so hoping! :)

I also mentioned to Alisa that having a tiny banner/image FOR us to take and put the HiveWire url in/onto would be nice... I love to help spread the word for the Hive! :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Gee, sorry, I long ago stopped using PSP... photoshop works better in my brain.... and yet it took me quite a while to figure out where photoshop had HIDDEN the brush "spacing" .... sheesh!! Be sure to click ON MY LINK - I call them WIP pages... I started posting a bunch of how to things on my website, and those ended up being called WIP .... as I work on new projects, and learn how to do new things, I try and share my info with folks! :)

McGyver

Energetic
I could be wrong, but I recall, maybe about a year ago hearing something on the morning news about the post office having or looking into some way of people being able to have their own custom postage stamps made...
It was something to the effect of :
Stupid news person 1: "Coming up: how you soon may be able to have your own custom postage stamps..."
Stupid news person 2: "Wow, that would be cool to have a postage stamp with your picture on it..."
Stupid news person 1: "Blah, blah,blah,blah,ha-ha,blah,blah,blah,heee-hee-hee,blah,blah,blah,!"
Commercial: "At Robem & Leavem Investments we take your money seriously... Seriously, we take it and run... "

I dunno, I really don't listen to the people on the news much when they are engaging in friendly/idiotic banter, so I may have not absorbed that properly, and as far I know it was one of those "coming up" spots that never really comes up and instead you have to listen to candidates explain why they are not the idiot you think they are to news people that just seem to be baiting them into sounding dumber until a drug commercial that really doesn't tell what it's for comes on and tells you about the fifty horrible ways it might kill you if can get your doctor to give it to you so you can enjoy explosive bloody diarrhea like the people walking on the beach and flying kites in the commercial probably are.

What was this about?

Oh yeah... I wonder if that ever was something that came about... Seems possible... Like a SnapFish calendar or Cristmas card...? But the post office would print them out and lose them in the mail, and have to send you new ones... Actually they have gotten much better in recent years.

I should check that out...

EDITED TO ADD...

Holy cow, I didn't imagine it... Create Mail & Stamps

Incidentally, I hope that it was not implied from the beginning or that it's been something available for years and I totally missed it, or that someone else just mentioned it... I don't mail a lot of stuff anymore.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
. . . and McGyver is back in the house!!!!!

. . . and as usual, I'm laughing myself silly. :rofl:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Normal Lorraine? You want normal from this group???? You MUST be joking. :rofl:

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Mmmm, that's why I put not 'normal' ;) Normal, I've heard of it but not much of it is obvious in my life. I prefer the life of the slightly deranged, just deranged enough to be not normal but not enough to be carted away. The line is narrow sometimes...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hi McGyver!!! Woo hooo! He's back!!

and just to say I'm STILL waiting to hear if it's okay that I used the HiveWire LOGO... @Chris - and NOTE! I WILL NEVER USE MY STAMP FOR A REAL POSTAGE STAMP!! My "stamps" are just for fun, and I'd like to do one each for Dawn, Dusk, and Harry ... but it's on hold while I wait to hear back... :)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Will have an answer later today, Lyne :)