• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 improvements and node-material saving

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Seems to be the way to go Miss B. After the fiasco with the last but one update I was delighted when the previous update to this one went through without hassle. Problem solved as far as I was concerned. Regretfully that doesn't seem to be the case. Fair enough, they may be niggling little problems to some but SM has a lot riding on this team in the face of increasing competition and I'm wondering if potential buyers, new and old, are going to see this as another fail on their part. It would be a disaster if Poser was to crash and burn because of minor but aggravating errors like this from what are, after all, presumably experienced programmers!

Hornet3d

Wise
Not good for SM and I do hope they get up to speed soon thought I accept it must be hard as they lost so many experienced people.

In fairness to SM I never upgrade without giving it a few weeks/months to see how it works for others, no matter who is writing the software, been around the business too long to be an early updater.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I guess we all need to be patient with this new Poser dev team. This last beta release for 11.1 messed up my customizations, so I know how hard it can be. They will get it over time, but in the meanwhile it will be clumsy.

My poser seems to be pretty much the same Poser it was before. All of my extra scripts (I got a million of 'em) were present and loaded properly. What kind of customization's do you have?

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
All this is why I don't update immediately any more. I'll wait to see if there's another update for 11.1, or Poser 12, soon.
I just install them side by side.
Have 7 different Poser11 now + 2012 and 2014.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I do that with full updates. I did that with Silo and Blender updates, but I had a problem doing that with DS 4.0 and DS 4.1, which was a beta, and now I'm careful about doing that with minor updates.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
My poser seems to be pretty much the same Poser it was before. All of my extra scripts (I got a million of 'em) were present and loaded properly. What kind of customization's do you have?

I lost my custom splash screen. The new dev team stopped making beta updates, and started only offering full beta installs. Not only downloads take longer, but my splash screens and render presets were all wiped clean.

Miss B

CV-BEE
There's a folder in AppData > Roaming > Poser (and Poser Pro) which has files where any customizations are saved. I usually save that folder elsewhere before updating . . . just in case. This is for Windows, so not sure where similar files would be located on a Mac.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There's a folder in AppData > Roaming > Poser (and Poser Pro) which has files where any customizations are saved. I usually save that folder elsewhere before updating . . . just in case. This is for Windows, so not sure where similar files would be located on a Mac.

I guess I was so used to receiving Poser beta updates that it didn't occur to me that my customizations would be wiped out. And that folder does not save custom Poser splash screens. If the beta team will no longer produce updates, I can no longer customize anything at that level. I guess this new dev team is still learning their way in, and in the meanwhile we have to be patient.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What exactly are you referring to with "custom Poser splash screens"? I assume you're not talking about the splash screen that shows when Poser is initially loading up.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
What exactly are you referring to with "custom Poser splash screens"? I assume you're not talking about the splash screen that shows when Poser is initially loading up.

Yes, that and also the one that shows in the About dialog. I had both of them customized, and now it's back to default.