• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 improvements and node-material saving

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
well if I knew the default directory, full path, that the installer needs I'd just create that and let it install there and just move all the other content over to it. Makes no sense for me to have like 3 or 4 Runtimes spread out all over the place! :sick:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
OK, got the news letter letting me know the updates for Poser 11.1 are available. I think they may have rushed things a bit. Poser update went in but the content update won't allow me to install it. I've double and triple checked where my Poser directory is and it's there, the Poser.exe is there but the browse dialog won't accept that. I'm floored how ludicrous this is. Any help please? thank you!
Same happened to me.

I took the opportunity to uninstall it to move it to a bigger HD (it wasn't on C to begin with, but because it was on my F drive with DS it was getting low (500mb :)) and the update installed correctly but now I don't have ANY content from SM (as it uninstalled with the program).

I get the first box click ok, then on the second box when I show it where Poser.exe is and click ok it just keeps going to the same box :( (I've never had this problem before with previous updates)
error.jpg

Thank god I have my HW runtime in a different place with my fav lights otherwise I'd have no poser content (well, I hope it will work, I just loaded P11 up to see if it would start, I didn't hook up the other runtime yet, will have to try that later when I get back)

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
Did it delete your runtime, or did it just disappear from the list of runtimes? That's what happened to me and I had to manually add it back in. Took me maybe 20 seconds.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This new Poser team is still rather clumsy, but they will get better with more experience. They said they are already working on Poser 12. I don't know what to expect from the new version.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Did it delete your runtime, or did it just disappear from the list of runtimes? That's what happened to me and I had to manually add it back in. Took me maybe 20 seconds.
I uninstalled everything so I could move it do a different drive.

Apparently not the only one that had this problem. AmbientShade on the SM forum replied to my help by suggesting this:
"You can install the downloaded files manually by going to your download manager directory. By default it is in the Downloads folder on windows.
Look in SmithMicroDLM/release/Poser11/content/win and you should see the list of all the .exe's you downloaded. Install them to where ever you put your runtime.
Hopefully they'll fix this issue soon as several people seem to be having the same problem."

Mine wasn't in the default folder because I asked for it to download to the External HD because its larger, I found the exe files and are installing it all manually, I'll let you know if I run into more problems.

Also Vagabondallen just posted this:
Got this email response from a support email I sent earlier before I found this thread.
"There is an issue with the Content Update and The Nude Installer on some Mac Systems. The Project Team is working on resolving that issue and should have a solution soon."

I hope they realise its not just Macs!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just looked in my downloads folder and there is no SmithMicroDLM in there. :(

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, found the folder. There is an exe in there and this is what I get.. the same blasted issue as from the Download Manager so AmbientShade was wrong in their suggestion... at least on my end of things!

ScreenHunter_71 Dec. 20 10.35.png

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I didn't use the ContentUpdate one, I just used all the individual packaged ones and it worked.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just tried 7zip to unzip the files but I got one obj file and then an error message. This is mess. SM shame on you!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Because I didn't have the previous installers, I had to download them again (which included the new Nudes installer) and they are in releases not updates.
Untitled-1.jpg

Just opened up Poser and I have a runtime and the new Paul 2 etc are there

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OK, looked there. I get this... no files with any "weight" just placement holders I think.....

ScreenHunter_72 Dec. 20 11.02.png

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm going to do what you did and just redownload them all and see if that gives me the work around. If I get that damned "Can't find Poser" again I'm done until SM fixes their $hit! Grrrrrrrrrrr

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hopefully when you download them again they will be there, just double click the exe (and I had to wait a little bit) a box will come up saying do you want "such and such" to change (windows bull$) then it will go to an installer (not like the SM downloader)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Still downloading... But I have my fingers crossed... Thanks for your help Rae! XO

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
anytime RAM (its not often I can help those more knowledgeable than myself :p)

Edited to add: Oh, and just a thought I had, don't close the SMDL menu after you finish downloading, I did that and restarted and I had to download them again (don't know if that will do it to you but best be safe since they are huge files)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
They are installed. The Poser Support files, this was really messed up... they were installed on my E drive into my back up DAZ Studio Content> Runtime. I thought OK, that's so messed up I have no words. SO I had to copy and paste all that into the main Poser Runtime under the Program Files as that's where those go. Even I know that. Those newbies on that team are not double checking their paths and code very well. Alisa & her team would have NEVER allowed that to happen!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I guess we all need to be patient with this new Poser dev team. This last beta release for 11.1 messed up my customizations, so I know how hard it can be. They will get it over time, but in the meanwhile it will be clumsy.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Definitely do need to get their act together especially as Poser 12 seems to be just around the corner. I updated to Poser 11.1 with no problems, i.e. downloaded and installed from updates from SMDM, or so I thought. When I tried to download and install the new Nude Figures I'm getting the message 'Download complete. Install Poser 11 for Windows to continue, despite the Poser intro screen showing that Poser 11.1 is installed. I had problems with the last update but one which resulted in me having to carry out a complete reinstall, something I can't recommend on a mobile broadband connection a which I'm certainly not going to repeat any time soon. OK! Its a new team but how much time do they need to sort it out. Given the low level of confidence in Poser just now it needs to be rapid or they are going to leave Poser 12 dead in the water!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
All this is why I don't update immediately any more. I'll wait to see if there's another update for 11.1, or Poser 12, soon.