• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LIE and Geometry Shells...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, multiple layers would be best - however if I can get even a single layer, at least that allows folks to apply a basic dirt or mud splatters mask to their skins.

whats happened to my posts, im in my quotes and thw quote is green?

It looks like you started typing inside of the QUOTE and /QUOTE tags.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
yeah but other peoples quotes are in the "person" said bit, lol. oh well :)

I think I cocked it up Pen, too much caffeine and sugar me thinks, im a bit wizzy at the min

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
So am I but my wizzyness is due to just waking up and not sufficient caffeine in my system.
oh that's cold turkey, go get ya coffee, have a biscuit while you are there too, get ya sugar levels up for the day.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm sitting here quietly drinking some peppermint tea first and when I've finished I'll have a coffee. For some strange reason I always like a cup of tea before I start on the coffee...weird I know!

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
lol, erm yeah... never heard that before but whatever rocks ya boat, :D
peppermint tea i could never do, i like the fruity ones but the herby ones, peppermint and the nettle tea tasted like pond water (or what i would imagine it to taste like as I aint drunk it, not into drinking pond water) oh heck i'll shutup....

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I think I drink it rehydrate myself which is probably a good thing as coffee is a diuretic.

RobZhena

Adventurous
Inked uses a Windows-only Python script to apply the tatoos (which the vendor spells out on all versions except for Dawn, which is the one I bought for my Mac!). Poser 11, however, offers true layers for Superfly. In the Material Room, select the head, for example, and click the plus to add a layer. Add one for lipstick, add one for the cheeks, or add entire make ups in a single layer. That's how Lyrra did the skins for Pauline.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I think both myself and Seliah would prefer something that will work across all 3 latest versions of poser (from p9 as Dawn/Dusk works in those upwards) p11 is all well and good but not everyone has it and there will be those with P9 & 10 who would wish to have this work on their versions.

Lyrra was fine in doing what she did on Pauline as she is only available in that version, however Dawn works in P9,10,11 so we have to cover all if we are to please everyone. :)

frogimus

Adventurous
I think both myself and Seliah would prefer something that will work across all 3 latest versions of poser (from p9 as Dawn/Dusk works in those upwards) p11 is all well and good but not everyone has it and there will be those with P9 & 10 who would wish to have this work on their versions.

Lyrra was fine in doing what she did on Pauline as she is only available in that version, however Dawn works in P9,10,11 so we have to cover all if we are to please everyone. :)
I think having it usable in P11 only would end up being detrimental as many would miss that requirement and be irritated.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

I think having it usable in P11 only would end up being detrimental as many would miss that requirement and be irritated.

Yes, pretty much. I'm not willing to exclude a large group of users just because something only works in P11. I myself only have access to P10 and Pro2010, so anything that requires P11 is out of my own reach, too.

When I set out to do something, I try very hard to get it working for as many users as possible. And that's how I approach everything - freebies included. I may not use Poser as my main software, but if the only thing keeping a Poser user from making use of something I've made is just not having MAT files, then of course I am going to fire up Poser and make MAT files. For freebies, I will do the best I can and there might be a caveat that Poser users may need to adjust my less than stellar materials. But for a paid product, I really will push myself right to the brink to make it work and work correctly in both programs if at all possible.

I had actually - originally - been ready to consider the overlays as "DS-Only" because I kind of had a feeling that Poser didn't exactly have anything that filled the roles of Studio's geometry shells or LIE editor. Miss-B got the Blender node trick to work, and I will be referencing the screenshot she gave me when I am ready to sit down and start working on the Poser version of the overlays.

This thread.. when I first posted it, was me kind of testing the waters ahead of time. I'm not ready yet to go into the program and start setting up materials. But I knew I was looking at a big question of "CAN this be done in Poser", so I posted ahead of time to see if anyone knew of any possible way to do it, or if I was going to have to keep the overlays to DS-only.

I'll test out the Blender node down the line here, once I've got the time to resume working on the overlays. I'm focused on Nataani at the moment, and then I'll see about the overlays after he's made it through QA.

But because Dawn works in P9 and above... I'm not willing to restrict the product to anything that requires P11. If that's what it were to come down to, I would leave the product as DS-only.

caisson

Admirable
Contributing Artist
Try this thread -
best method for tattoos in Photoshop
- from back in 2007, it may be what you're after. Look at bagginsbill's posts for info & screenshots. There may be other ways of doing this, and it may need the end user to make a few connections in the material room, but applying decals in Poser has been doable for a long time.
Haven't tried Rendo's search in a while as it was broken for a while, but it's better (if not as good as it used to be) - advanced search in Poser forum with bagginsbill as username & a relevant keyword can be a goldmine of info :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Try this thread -
best method for tattoos in Photoshop
- from back in 2007, it may be what you're after. Look at bagginsbill's posts for info & screenshots.

Hi, Caisson! Nice to see you here. :)

Thanks very much for the link; I've done a little bit of reading on it so far, will finish reading it in a little while. Poser definitely is not my main software anymore, so I'm basically just soaking up all the information I can here, to get this accomplished. Much appreciated!