• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Dawn

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
I want some skin textures for different races. No offense meant to anyone but seems that white skin is the default in the Poser Universe. There are other races, you know.:sneaky:

Actually I have to give HiveWire credit here. Way more racial diversity in the skin textures here. Doesn't mean we couldn't use more, but it took a lot of searching to find good non-white skins for V4 and M4 (they are out there, but when you try to find them among all the white skins, it's hard) but when I started using Dawn, I very quickly found many different ones for her and Dusk. And Dawn Dusk and Luna do all come with both medium and pale shaders, which is awesome.

That being said, as I've come to love SF over FF, I've had to run lots of my skins through EZSkin3 which is great, but tends to lighten the skin tone up quite a bit.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
I want some skin textures for different races. No offense meant to anyone but seems that white skin is the default in the Poser Universe. There are other races, you know.:sneaky:

Virtual World's Face of Africa makes a wonderfully different figure. Definitely worth the purchase. VW also has the Face of Asia set.
FaceOfAfrica.jpg

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What would an INDIAN be? Not the Native American Indian, but from India? Are Pakistani and Indians genetically related?

Not sure, but I know my friends from India consider themselves white.

A little dial spinning and playing around and you can really come up with anything you'd like to have, honestly. See Seliah's Nataani.

eclark1894

Visionary
Not sure, but I know my friends from India consider themselves white.

A little dial spinning and playing around and you can really come up with anything you'd like to have, honestly. See Seliah's Nataani.
That's not really saying much. I know some Black people among my own friends and family that consider themselves white... well, somewhat.;)

Zaarin

Brilliant
I second this, and in particular I find it hard to find the shades in between black and white. Finding the middling skin tones suitable for Native Americans, North Africans, Middle Easterners, Indians, South Asians, etc. is much more difficult than finding skin tones for Europeans, East Asians, or Subsaharan Africans/African Americans. One thing that pleased me greatly about VW's Faces of Africa skin is that the "pale" skin is actually quite suitable for Native Americans or Indians.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
What would an INDIAN be? Not the Native American Indian, but from India? Are Pakistani and Indians genetically related?

There can be quite a lot of variation in skin tone among Indians and Pakistanis. Overall I would say they are in a medium brown range, but I've known both some very dark, and vary light skinned Indians. That being said, although I love VW's skin sets, I think the large point is that for the every dozen or so white characters that are created, maybe one of a different ethnicity is. And, some gorgeous thinks could be done with henna tattoos for an Indian character.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Skin tones can be achieved by simply multiplying the textures by a color. The challenge is on the ethnic facial features. Indians have very peculiar and recognizable features. Those would require some sculpting.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Skin tones can be achieved by simply multiplying the textures by a color. The challenge is on the ethnic facial features. Indians have very peculiar and recognizable features. Those would require some sculpting.

Actually, I think if you combined the Asian and African head morph sets, you could probably get very, very close to an authentic morph with just dial spins. But, I don't have the Asia set so I can't play.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Oh,I bought Face of Asia, and it was very worth every penny - go get it! ^___^

Already spent my monthly budget, so I have to wait til next month.

Here, I did a few minutes of dial spinning with the Dusk Head Resource Kit, the Brothers textures and some clothing kit bashing and came up with an Indian Male pretty easily. Dawn has the Head Resource kit available as well.

IndianMale.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
oh Glitterati he is handsome!

(and kinda reminds me of someone but I can't put my finger on it)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
That could be why. I don't really notice male models, they are kinda just there (I couldn't name one to save my life) but subconsciously I probably do notice :D

eclark1894

Visionary
That could be why. I don't really notice male models, they are kinda just there (I couldn't name one to save my life) but subconsciously I probably do notice :D
That is kind of understandable. Fashion is primarily targeted towards women and their fantasy. Men are like an accessory, and only there to enhance how the woman looks and views herself. He's there to complete her fantasy.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
True eclark. I'm a very straight woman but I don't find most male models attractive (there are a couple of exceptions. I think I must like my men manly, ah Wolverine :D). And I don't think I've ever seen an ad with just males in it that was very dynamic like you get with females (that I can recall anyway).