• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Dawn

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm still willing to send you a copy of the geometry files. Rigging them does seem rather easy in DS, to an extent. Just not for me. Plus I haven't figure out how and where to save them. Maybe you could get someone more familiar with rigging in DS to do them for you? I have one request, caviat, if you do. I want step by step instructions on how they did it.;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm hoping someone with rigging experience takes you up on your offer (I tried it once with a model someone gave me for free because it wasn't DS/Poser native and couldn't get my head around it).

Attention all Riggers! please see above! :D hehehe

eclark1894

Visionary
I did finish the Poser rigging. Just lost interest after that. I have a really short attention span sometimes, or I see something bright, shiny and new and I get sidetracked.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha I'm like that too - oh look shiny! (I think I'm part Glitterbug, Moth or Bower Bird :D)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Most of that outfit would be fairly easy to get working by using templates with Dawn. It's mainly skirts and high heels that are difficult. If the outfit follows the body most times using the figure works even without templates. I don't have the time right now as I have Diva to complete plus all my other projects that I have on the go. If no one else volunteers I could probably walk someone through using the templates to rig it.

eclark1894

Visionary
Indeed Pen, none of the outfit, except the boots was difficult to rig, since it was basically a pair of pants and a shirt. The helmet could probably just be parented, but the gloves and boots present a challenge. Plus, I'm still not sure where i allegededly save them to. Or if i did. I do have a .duf file on my desktop though.o_O

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm still willing to send you a copy of the geometry files. Rigging them does seem rather easy in DS, to an extent. Just not for me. Plus I haven't figure out how and where to save them. Maybe you could get someone more familiar with rigging in DS to do them for you? I have one request, caviat, if you do. I want step by step instructions on how they did it.;)
Rigging in the bane of anyone that's a creative person in my opinion. Some, I'm sure, enjoy doing that but most don't. I have a wardrobe for both Dusk and Dawn sitting on my hard drives. I'm really hoping for some improvements to the content creation tools come DAZ Studio 5.0. I do have my training outfit for Dawn ready to upload to the store but still have some little things to do before I do it.

For Dawn I have pose packs in the works, Bruna character in the works, hair strands packs for the hair products from the Hive in the works, morph packs too.... I have like ALLOT of stuff in the works that will hopefully all see the light of day when their are ready but not before that. I never rush.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm so tempted Earl to tell you to send me the files and I'll have a go but I just have too much on at the moment.:(

@RAMWolff, I with you on that...I have stuff half done for Dawn in particular including a mermaid tail I just wish my rigging was fully up to speed.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well all we can hope for is for 5.0 to be sooner than later and HOPE and PRAY that Rob and Spooky have some really cool new content creation improvements and features up their digital sleeves! lol

frogimus

Adventurous
Mechanics Coveralls and a baseball cap with ponytail. Of course, the coveralls could probably be retextured in orange or stripes for anyone wanting Orange is the New Black.

But, yeah. Mechanics garb would go well with the dirty skin that @Seliah (Childe of Fyre) has been teasing about recently.

eclark1894

Visionary
Just a reminder, Rae, I haven't forgotten about you. Just been really busy with real life and my house for Dawn dominating my schedule. I'll check for the riding outfit for Dawn tonight. In fact, I need to do some organizing so I can find all these files I need and get rid of the ones I don't. Right now, my computer desktop looks like the backseat of my car.

eclark1894

Visionary
Rigging in the bane of anyone that's a creative person in my opinion. Some, I'm sure, enjoy doing that but most don't. I have a wardrobe for both Dusk and Dawn sitting on my hard drives. I'm really hoping for some improvements to the content creation tools come DAZ Studio 5.0. I do have my training outfit for Dawn ready to upload to the store but still have some little things to do before I do it.

For Dawn I have pose packs in the works, Bruna character in the works, hair strands packs for the hair products from the Hive in the works, morph packs too.... I have like ALLOT of stuff in the works that will hopefully all see the light of day when their are ready but not before that. I never rush.
I actually just started a sleep pose pack for Dawn specifically designed for the bed I made for her.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've PM'd you my email :) but if you would like everyone to have it as a freebie there is a freebie section, I think in resources.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I've been doing a lot of playing with morphs recently and I've noticed something. Although the body shape morphs for Dawn and Dusk have left side and right side options, the face morphs seem to be all symmetric. I would love to seem some asymmetric morphs for the faces of all the Hivewire family. A little bit of asymmetry can go a long way to adding more character to a figure. Just look at Diva, those missing teeth morphs add so much to her.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Eclark, I don't really know what I'm doing (I just pretend I do :p)
In my runtime I can find your folder but its empty and when I do a search it doesn't find anything (most likely user error on my part).