• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Please remember, everyone, this is a thread for the HiveWire team to post about Dawn 2 :). Let's bring it back on track. Thanks :)

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Argggggggggggggh! <--- primal scream

I was attempting to recreate some old V4 images with Dawn. Dawn is many things, but extreme poses like ballet or gymnastics are simply beyond her rigging. a weight mapped V4 does better. So I went back to La Femme (LF 2 not being done yet either). LF poses so well. A lot harder to port clothing (given the JCMs and lack of good tools top help). Still, easier than trying to get Dawn to bend realistically.

But the first image where I tried to change LFs facial expression. OMG, what a horrible facial rig. And nightmare inducing results. It's not even uncanny valley since it looks nothing like real.

I really need Dawn2 (Dawn, with far better rigging) and LF2 (with pretty much ANY figures face from the last 2 decades.)

It was so bad I'm going to leave off Poser for a while until Poser 13 ships for Mac (any month now), or LF2 delivers (any month now) or Dawn2 delivers (any month now). There's just nothing to do with this stuff. Sigh....
Hi @unreal
Maybe would be a good idea to not talk negative about other creators products , especially in Dawn 2 tread , it will only trigger negativity .

As Alisa mentioned already not once , let's keep it on topic

Thank you for understanding

Nyx_Nine

Inspired
I can't wait for Dawn 2 and see what you've improved. It's interesting really for me that I really knew nothing about Dawn/Dusk until I upgraded to P12 (and I've been using Poser since 6). Then I saw them in the download and wondered what they were, as I hadn't seen any promotion. They are excellent IMO, worthy of a full blown, proper rollout.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Hi Everyone..
I just spent half month fighting COVID but I am already fine .. short delay in work however ..

We changed with Chris a little the plans and improving stuff and adding more content to the Public Release of Dawn 2 .
It will have additional characters and content to show you the full possibilities and potential with Dawn 2 base .

As you remember the Dawn 2 base was smoothed so it allows to create better morph characters on top of it , and that's what we want to show off .

We want it to be the best work we can archive, providing the today's standards on the market that everyone is looking for and it will looks better than ever before for sure ..

I will not show any previous until we are ready for the official release and everything is ready to go ..

Stay tuned .. it going to looks amazing in both, DS and P

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Good to hear you've recovered so quickly. I hope you continue to recover fully, as COVID is a horror story to say the least. :(
Thanks everyone! @RAMWolff @DanaTA @Ken1171 @Miss B
:balloon03:

Yes it is Miss B , my smell nerve did not recovered yet 100% but improved a lot and my voice still cracked , the second time they say it get worse and worse it was indeed, plus in a middle of a summer, who expect that ..

I am back at work again with Dawn2 , so we can progress

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Mec, glad to hear you got through that bout.
We had it around here more than once, thank goodness for the vaccine or it would have been much worse for me.
I have a question, in the update WIP version of Dawn 2 the geometry file id named "Dawn2_1a336d7c_a516_e8ee_0a49_9ebb30ca7fb5.obj", will this affect the prop or morphs that were made when it was jus Dawn2.obj?

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Mec, glad to hear you got through that bout.
We had it around here more than once, thank goodness for the vaccine or it would have been much worse for me.
I have a question, in the update WIP version of Dawn 2 the geometry file id named "Dawn2_1a336d7c_a516_e8ee_0a49_9ebb30ca7fb5.obj", will this affect the prop or morphs that were made when it was jus Dawn2.obj?
Hi , no the name will not affect your morphs , the geometry was not changed so all your morphs will be working just fine .

Thank you for your kind words , glad to hear you are ok as well .. it was nasty this time and unexpected. My smelling nerve recovered fully already too ..

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I believe DAZ Studio adds that unique identifier number to the end of the geometry file name every time we export things to the library, so exporting to Poser format is no different. This is the normal behavior in DS. At least in my products, I tend to clean that up on the Poser side because I know this is unusual in Poser. Another unusual thing DS does is placing every geometry from a product at a separate folder, while in Poser we tend to put them all in the same one. When I edit the geometry names, I usually "fix" this too. This won't break anything - it's just for the sake of "cultural differences" between how things are done in Poser and DS. :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I believe DAZ Studio adds that unique identifier number to the end of the geometry file name every time we export things to the library, so exporting to Poser format is no different. This is the normal behavior in DS. At least in my products, I tend to clean that up on the Poser side because I know this is unusual in Poser. Another unusual thing DS does is placing every geometry from a product at a separate folder, while in Poser we tend to put them all in the same one. When I edit the geometry names, I usually "fix" this too. This won't break anything - it's just for the sake of "cultural differences" between how things are done in Poser and DS. :)
It is called " organized " with so many vendors I don't want to have all the stuff sit in one folder mixed together , everyone have own product with own files , it prevent overwriting other peoples stuff accidentally. With so large amount of products it is very hard to keep track especially when people use the same names . It becomes a chaos .

Sorry I have 3D OSD

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It is called " organized

I always thought DS did a better assets organization than Poser, so I am not criticizing. Just saying Poser has its own ways, so there is a different way of doing things. As a matter of fact, it took me a while to understand what DS was doing with the assets, while I was trying to force "the Poser way" into it. Only then I understood I didn't have to do any of that by hand - DS does it automatically. At the time, it was a shocking "revelation"! LOL

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
I can remember when we walk together
Sharing the Love i thought would last forever
moonlight to show the way so we can fallow
waiting inside her eyes was my tomorrow
then something changed her mind her kisses told me
I had no loving arms to... hold... me...
everyday i wake up then i start to break up
Lonely is a man without Dawn 2.0
every day i start out
then i cry my heart out
Lonely is the man without Dawn 2.0