• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Any chance we can see some recent Dawn 2 renders? Maybe even "Dawn 2 in Poser 13" for the extra-shiny?
Yes but not at this moment , I am busy with D2 package for Vendors , after that I will move quickly to the official release setup so lots of renders will come with all stuff in P13 . I was waiting for it for so long already , can't wait to set her in a new light.. game changer ..

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Can you tell me which versions of Poser, Dawn 2 will be compatible with? Thank you
Hi Roberta , the rigging and general setup will works fine in P11-12-13
The difference will be just with the rendering results but that depends on the render engine you going to use and the type of texture set of course as there is a huge difference between regular texture set and PBR texture set for each engine .

Roberta

Eager
Hi Roberta , the rigging and general setup will works fine in P11-12-13
The difference will be just with the rendering results but that depends on the render engine you going to use and the type of texture set of course as there is a huge difference between regular texture set and PBR texture set for each engine .
Thanks for the info :)

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes but not at this moment , I am busy with D2 package for Vendors , after that I will move quickly to the official release setup so lots of renders will come with all stuff in P13 . I was waiting for it for so long already , can't wait to set her in a new light.. game changer ..

YES! YES! YES! I can't wait to try all the clothing I have for her.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Not for long .. :p
I still not get it why struggling with 100 nodes plug into 1 material if you can do that with a simple node and let the magic of the engine do it's work the proper way ..simple is beautiful
Nodes! :oops: o_O When I see those spaghetti things in DS I get afraid. They have that in Blender, too...I don't know if I'll ever get the hang of it. Right now, don't want to try.

Dana

unreal

Noteworthy
The real miracle is when content creators pretend we can make them look the same. :p LOL
It *can* be done.
Remove all lights and emitting mats from the scene. Or put a big "shadow casting" plane right up to the camera. Then all the textures look the same. This is a trick I use every once in a while. I usually discover this when checking my "overnight" render in the morning.

Title it something like "batman in his cave during a power outage" and post it to your rendo gallery. You can even wax poetic about the photo-realistic detail and render settings. Be sure to credit all the venders.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I node nothing. NOTHING!

(in the voice of Sergeant Schultz)

((and if you get the reference, you're old as time itself))

Sure, nodes are confusing at first. But after years of working with them, they're only confusing o_O
You mean Schultzie! The gang always called him that. He was such a loveable character! :balloon03:

unreal

Noteworthy
On an interesting side note, I was there when they invented time. I was against it. I am confident though that it is just a passing fad.
Little know fact I just made up: the "Invention of Time Project" was late. No one knew that until *after* the project was completed (for obvious reasons). I would hate to have been on that project. It was doomed from the start. Once there was even just a *little* time, in no time at all, there was never enough of it.

Right after the invention of time, my great(^infinity)grandfather invented the timeCARD, famously becoming the most hated human being in history (which, at the time, wasn't very long, so there is *that*), Unfortunately, he had signed away all his intellectual property rights as part of his employment agreement. So we all had to work for a living. In an ironic twist, having to fill out timecards to get paid.

I sure hope you're right about it's "faddish" nature. In science, t drops out of equations and it's not technically considered a real thing. Whatever it is, it's sure elastic. Consider how long D2 has been in development. To some people, it's been forever and a day. To others, it's a short time that only seems like forever. To me: it hasn't even started, but it's been done for a while. It all depends on the dial in my time machine.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Little know fact I just made up: the "Invention of Time Project" was late. No one knew that until *after* the project was completed (for obvious reasons). I would hate to have been on that project. It was doomed from the start. Once there was even just a *little* time, in no time at all, there was never enough of it.
In fairness, the development team was under an immense amount of pressure and constantly rushed. No one knows truly how long it took with time being what was being invented. This is why it was released in such a haphazard condition with so many flaws. It's greatest flaw, of course, is that time keeps on slipping into the future. I have, many times, urged a recall to fix this, but I have been told there is no time. Of course there is time, it was invented... so there is still confusion here and there with the project team. I also felt very strongly that time could have been designed better, and made available in a wider variety of colors, but again I was not listened to, hence why time is only available in Royal Cerulean Cobalt Density 12 Flecked Electric Blue with clear coat...though I am told most people can not even see time so this might be another flaw due to the rushed release of it. Anyway... I am told there is a committee discussing the viability of Time 2.0, and I am on a short list of candidates to be ignored so likely it wont be improved...

As to Dawn 2.0, if you have the new Schrodinger's Runtime script that shipped with Poser 13.0.1.6.9.7 - B then Dawn 2.0 exists in both a released and Unreleased state within your runtime, as long as you don't open the library. You can only acquire this version of Poser after a Mandela Lapse Event level three or greater. Check the spelling on those Bear children's books to see if you are in the correct event phase for the download.

unreal

Noteworthy
In fairness, the development team was under an immense amount of pressure and constantly rushed. No one knows truly how long it took with time being what was being invented. This is why it was released in such a haphazard condition with so many flaws. It's greatest flaw, of course, is that time keeps on slipping into the future. I have, many times, urged a recall to fix this, but I have been told there is no time. Of course there is time, it was invented... so there is still confusion here and there with the project team. I also felt very strongly that time could have been designed better, and made available in a wider variety of colors, but again I was not listened to, hence why time is only available in Royal Cerulean Cobalt Density 12 Flecked Electric Blue with clear coat...though I am told most people can not even see time so this might be another flaw due to the rushed release of it. Anyway... I am told there is a committee discussing the viability of Time 2.0, and I am on a short list of candidates to be ignored so likely it wont be improved...

As to Dawn 2.0, if you have the new Schrodinger's Runtime script that shipped with Poser 13.0.1.6.9.7 - B then Dawn 2.0 exists in both a released and Unreleased state within your runtime, as long as you don't open the library. You can only acquire this version of Poser after a Mandela Lapse Event level three or greater. Check the spelling on those Bear children's books to see if you are in the correct event phase for the download.
OK. I got the phase correct. I had to spin the arc length of half an electron diameter (backwards) to do it. Now my computer is superimposed with my espresso but runs faster so I'm fine with it. and now...

Nuts! I collapsed the waveform. How do I get the released and unreleased version back into my runtime? o_O

unreal

Noteworthy
Argggggggggggggh! <--- primal scream

I was attempting to recreate some old V4 images with Dawn. Dawn is many things, but extreme poses like ballet or gymnastics are simply beyond her rigging. a weight mapped V4 does better. So I went back to La Femme (LF 2 not being done yet either). LF poses so well. A lot harder to port clothing (given the JCMs and lack of good tools top help). Still, easier than trying to get Dawn to bend realistically.

But the first image where I tried to change LFs facial expression. OMG, what a horrible facial rig. And nightmare inducing results. It's not even uncanny valley since it looks nothing like real.

I really need Dawn2 (Dawn, with far better rigging) and LF2 (with pretty much ANY figures face from the last 2 decades.)

It was so bad I'm going to leave off Poser for a while until Poser 13 ships for Mac (any month now), or LF2 delivers (any month now) or Dawn2 delivers (any month now). There's just nothing to do with this stuff. Sigh....