• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Dawn 2.0 Underway

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Hi guys I will be back at work on Monday June 26 and let you know more about the progress of Dawn 2 , there was ( still are ) some difficulty in the process , hopefully me and Chris find solution to that ASAP . Chris was busy the last months creating his traditional media art , opening Oreo Gallery and doing art work for his son's book that was published recently so plenty on the plate . He is ok and we stay in touch .

I was also busy producing marketing materials for two 3D product campaign overseas .

I guess everyone is waiting now for me to return back to work on Dawn2 to finalize things so we can move on .
Please remember that we still have our daily jobs that pays for the bills , including maintenance of the forum that is not cheap , it is nice of Chris to do that and keeping this place running for you . So please stay positive and have understanding for the situation .

Thank you for your time

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
"Forgot to say also thank to YOU Alisa for everything you do and for being a beacon of light !"

That she is Cath.

Thank you Cath for your willingness to jump back in on Dawn 2. So looking forward to your magic sauce with Dawn 2.

By the way, love your new photo here.

Hornet3d

Wise
I totally understand the various pressures everyone is under and that Dawn 2 is somewhere down the priority list, I am sure the figure will be great when launched. That said it is a bit like Air Traffic Control, if there is no direction air craft will tend to make plans of their own so the distraction of real life from Dawn 2 is not only a fact with the creators but possible buyers as well.

Hornet3d

Wise
Of coarse the other factor is that we are all, creators and possible buyers alike, in a very different place than we were when this tread started over four years ago. Understandable, taking into account what has happened in those four years.

Rhia474

I don't post often and and I don't post much but I've been following all of this as an exclusively Poser user.

When a development cycle is basically a labor of love people do on the side as opposed to main jobs, AND the market conditions change, AND the platforms for which it is designed change (from my own standpoint looking at Poser 13 which is a very different and IMO loads better app than Poser 12 was)--the buyers' values will change and composition of those who want to buy it will change--the demands will be different. To follow all of that from a developer's point of view requires extraordinary flexibility, patience and bandwidth. All of my kudos and understanding is to you guys who are still toiling away away on the labor of love that is Dawn 2.0 and put up with everything.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't post often and and I don't post much but I've been following all of this as an exclusively Poser user.

When a development cycle is basically a labor of love people do on the side as opposed to main jobs, AND the market conditions change, AND the platforms for which it is designed change (from my own standpoint looking at Poser 13 which is a very different and IMO loads better app than Poser 12 was)--the buyers' values will change and composition of those who want to buy it will change--the demands will be different. To follow all of that from a developer's point of view requires extraordinary flexibility, patience and bandwidth. All of my kudos and understanding is to you guys who are still toiling away away on the labor of love that is Dawn 2.0 and put up with everything.

It is certainly a moving goal post which means there is always the danger that a great deal of effort from a small group of very skilled people may end up producing something that misses the target. Personally I have lowered my expectations over the years and spent the money I had put aside on improvements, such as Poser 13, that I can enjoy now. That is not to say I am not interested in Dawn 2 but, considering now good Dawn SE still is, and recognising changes in Poser, I think I have a better understanding of just how hard this task is.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
It is certainly a moving goal post which means there is always the danger that a great deal of effort from a small group of very skilled people may end up producing something that misses the target. Personally I have lowered my expectations over the years and spent the money I had put aside on improvements, such as Poser 13, that I can enjoy now. That is not to say I am not interested in Dawn 2 but, considering now good Dawn SE still is, and recognising changes in Poser, I think I have a better understanding of just how hard this task is.
Yes it is .. it is like a dominos, one wrong move and you have to start all over .. there is no room for mistakes . However as you said the last 4 years was not a typical years and many things changed , things that can't be controlled the way we wish . I don't want to go here in details as that is not my place to do . But that is something we don't have control over so we have to go with the flow .
Lets move to a positive side of that and looking forward for better tomorrow, as we can't change the past .

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes it is .. it is like a dominos, one wrong move and you have to start all over .. there is no room for mistakes . However as you said the last 4 years was not a typical years and many things changed , things that can't be controlled the way we wish . I don't want to go here in details as that is not my place to do . But that is something we don't have control over so we have to go with the flow .
Lets move to a positive side of that and looking forward for better tomorrow, as we can't change the past .

Agreed, I was always told, you can't change where you have been, only where you are going.

unreal

Noteworthy
Ahhhhh, sweet sweet info! :D

It's nice to know ^.^

Sort of like the recent comms from Rendo regarding the upcoming mac version of P13. Which matters to *me* since I'm half of the Poser mac users . Doesn't matter to me if the date slips. Just matters that I know it's still a thing!

Now I know that the pile of money set aside for P13 and D2 is not for nothing. It was in danger of being spent elsewhere but now I can let the accountants know to keep it ready. Maybe they can spend time sorting the bills by serial number and making sure their orientations are the same. After all, neatness matters.

The past and future are stories we tell ourselves in the present.

I like happy stories!

Hubert Holin

Inspired
Ahhhhh, sweet sweet info! :D

It's nice to know ^.^

Sort of like the recent comms from Rendo regarding the upcoming mac version of P13. Which matters to *me* since I'm half of the Poser mac users . Doesn't matter to me if the date slips. Just matters that I know it's still a thing!

Now I know that the pile of money set aside for P13 and D2 is not for nothing. It was in danger of being spent elsewhere but now I can let the accountants know to keep it ready. Maybe they can spend time sorting the bills by serial number and making sure their orientations are the same. After all, neatness matters.

The past and future are stories we tell ourselves in the present.

I like happy stories!
If you are half of the Poser mac users, then the both of us amount to the whole Poser mac users community!;)

At any rate, having one (at least…) more good native Poser human figure is something I highly anticipate. One day I'll try to find some time to make my D|S -> Poser converter (that's not rocket science, just plain software dev if documentation exists…), but the results will never be as good as with native figures.

unreal

Noteworthy
LOL I am still waiting too for the Mac version of P13....when it comes out I may look to update some of my Superfly MATS for Harry and the other critters. Would love to have them "look good/in line" with D2.

3 halves of the mac users! That's almost like a *community* ^.^

I've been *so* looking forward to D2's rigging and mesh. Not that Dawn wasn't/isn't great. In her time. But I tend towards dance/gymnastic type stuff which requires a bit more in the shoulder and hip movement which are the most brutal joints to mesh and rig. La Femme does nicely there, but she's brutal to develop for. Especially in the somewhat more buggy P11 days.

I think there's an inverse relationship in where the time goes. The figure developers can achieve the same results quicker (a'la La Femme) but that pushes subsequent effort (eg: clothing) onto other devs/users. Or the figure developer can spend a lot of time achieving a similar result BUT the figure is friendlier to other devs/users. The Dawn series seems (to me) to be this. Or am I crazy? (About this. I am definitely crazy, in general :p)

I'll go out on a limb and suggest latter is the better way. I only have the entire history of Poser figures to support that suggestion :p

Any chance we can see some recent Dawn 2 renders? Maybe even "Dawn 2 in Poser 13" for the extra-shiny?