• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

SKYLAB CHAT

skylab

Esteemed
Hey Miss B :) I think that's the first render I've seen of yours...and you used DAZ Studio...so two surprises, but then I guess you've used a lot of 3D programs...I've heard you speak of Bryce, and of course Blender, and seems like Poser Pro 11 is where you've settled now. Something about having render challenges that stretch us a little...Linda B and I had an ongoing challenge...haha. I'm yet wondering what that oriental 'stash is all about, and what I'll be doing to meet the challenge :) I imagine this time of night, she's either resting or preparing her next move...haha.

:bee:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, I started in 3D with Bryce, and about 4 1/2 years later started playing in Poser 5, but that didn't last long because it was always freezing up on me, but I think it was my old Win98SE desktop at the time.

I moved over to DS 2, and then DS 3 Advanced (which I used for that render), and then DS 4.0 Pro. I never upgraded past that, because I never got into Genesis 2, 3, and 8. I switched back to Poser with P9, and now PP11, so yes, I've been all over the map with 3D software.

I also play in Zbrush, though mostly for retopology, as Blender doesn't do quite as good a job with it's Remesh modifier. I also have an Educational Version of Maya, so learning that as well. ;)

As far as my renders, I have them mostly loaded up in my Gallery at Renderosity. I only have 3 here in my HW Gallery, but I've posted renders now and then in some of the threads, though it's been a while.

skylab

Esteemed
Wow...learning Maya. Nice software, with nice animation capabilities, which I'd love....but I can't love the price. I was fortunate enough to get an educational price break back when they had it on 3D-Coat, and Silo Pro...but I do have a limit as to how high I can go. I usually consider around $250 my absolute ceiling, so I miss out on the high end stuff.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I got Silo some years ago while it was on a very inexpensive sale at a 3rd party site. Don't recall which one, but someone had mentioned it, and I went for it, as I had tried the trial and liked it.

skylab

Esteemed
Okay...since Elynda hasn't seen this probably....this was the most complicated Nursoda character animation project I ever attempted. The bodies were of Doc Pitterbill, and the heads were of Nos, parented to four of Doc's bodies (and Doc's heads and the Nos bodies were made invisible), then they were all animated together, resulting in this:

nos-pitterbill--band.gif

skylab

Esteemed
I got Silo the same way, it was like a half price sale, so I pounced on it. While I was yet working, I'd do that, hoping that my skills would grow into the ability to use the software. Turned out to be a good investment, as all of Fugazi's modeling tutorials on Rendo are done in Silo, at least the one's I've viewed so far.

skylab

Esteemed
And last for tonight, this is Slon, getting to know Dusk and Dawn, Vermeer style, and making a new home here at Hivewire :)

dusk-and-slon-vermeer-painting.gif

dawn-and-slon-vermeer-letter.jpg

slon--cycle.jpg

slon--horse.jpg

Last edited:

skylab

Esteemed
This will be here for when Linda B returns...and I'd better get some rest now...it's well after midnight. Enjoyed the fun! To be continued . . .

Good night :sleep:

:D

skylab

Esteemed
Oh my...Docfooshush....haha. Yep, you got me good that time :)

Yeah, I got to thinking about it, and you probably didn't know about all the new stuff out there. With several of the Nursoda freebies, he created animated poses to go along with the regular poses that he normally includes with his characters. There are a few new commercial characters that he's released as well. So you'll be busy downloading...while I get some idea how to deal with Docfooshush....haha.

Really enjoyed the fun, so glad you've joined us!

I'd better crawl toward the sack...and I'll catch up with you next time :)

:sleep:

skylab

Esteemed
I thought they'd help, in case folks needed a hint :) The puns are half the fun :)

I'm working on some unique Pitterbill faces while my breakfast is heating up, and later will save them out and attach it to a post in this thread. Pitterbill is a cool character too...has a lot of facial dials. I'll include Mr. Bean in the zip....he's all nose and no chin...haha.

skylab

Esteemed
Nice here too...finally stopped raining for awhile, but the east coast is going to get it again by this evening.

:shineon: