• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Wonder how hard it is to morph an Eagle into a Phoenix bird?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I want a Phoenix bird so I can do a render of one with open wings on a stand of some sort.
Then I'd like to see how much I could get it 3D printed in a good size for outdoors.
We are trying to get one as a memorial for my son.
He was an artist too and did an amazing image (hand drawn) of the Phoenix Rising.
I'd like to duplicate that in 3d.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
This is what my son made.

From_The_Ashes-C.jpg

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I added a picture of his face in the center and placed a poem he write beneath it for the grave stone I designed for him.
It is now at the head of his grave.
But we moved out it St. Louis, MO and now we have a garden where I want to do a memorial statue.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, and it's an old set, so for both DS and Poser. I have a number of her sets, but don't recall that one.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
@Stezza: I took it into Anim8or and subdivided it, made a UV map and tweaked the textures.
Now I have six shades and will soon work on a couple of stands.

flPhoenix-01.png flPhoenix-02.png flPhoenix-03.png

Attachments

• flPhoenix-04.png
    flPhoenix-04.png
    214.3 KB · Views: 202
  • flPhoenix-05.png
    flPhoenix-05.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 224
  • flPhoenix-06.png
    flPhoenix-06.png
    193 KB · Views: 225

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I need to decide on size so I can check it out.
Guess I'll have my daughter go out and measure the tallest statue we have out there and go by that.
I'm thinking somewhere between 12 and 24 inches tall by width that works well.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I have a nephew who has a 3d printer and he is friends with my daughter.
She is going to see what he would charge and how big of one his printer will make it.
I don't think we want it any bigger than what we have out there already.

Thalek

Inspired
A beautiful tribute, indeed.

A purely technical point: many plastics don't handle sunlight well. You'll want to choose one that does better or look into protective coatings that are weather resistant.

I grieve for your loss.