• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Windows 10 and Cross Dresser

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I got a new machine, and finally got around to installing Cross Dresser on it, except I am having problems with it. I install it, supposedly it gets installed as it says it's done. Yet when I try to run Cross Dresser I get the following error.

The program can't start because VCOMP100.DLL is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.

Anyone know what's going on, or how I might fix it?

Win 10 Home, 64 bit, I7 32GB ram, Norton's Security (though I have already gone through and stopped it from quarantining and removing the program because it sees it as a virus.)

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Did you disable Norton while installing? I'd try that.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sometimes antivirus programs interfere in product installation.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I got a new machine, and finally got around to installing Cross Dresser on it, except I am having problems with it. I install it, supposedly it gets installed as it says it's done. Yet when I try to run Cross Dresser I get the following error.

Anyone know what's going on, or how I might fix it?

Win 10 Home, 64 bit, I7 32GB ram, Norton's Security (though I have already gone through and stopped it from quarantining and removing the program because it sees it as a virus.)
That's a Windows file found in both System32 and SysWOW54 folders, as I have it on my Win7Pro laptop, and I don't use Cross Dresser, so it isn't installed with CD.

I would think you'd be able to download the .dll file from somewhere on M$'s site. Maybe Google it, and see if there are any links to download it.

Edited to Add: OK, I just did a search and found this Wiki that talks about the VCOMP100.dll errors. This might give you some idea of what may be causing it.

vcomp100.dll - how to fix error

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
A version of it probably is installed with the program.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's possible. I just double-checked, and I have it in both System32, and SysWOW64 folders, so not sure which one CD would be accessing. Is that a 32-bit app, or a 64-bit app?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Dunno. I just know that lots of programs install versions of various dlls. :).

My suggestion is to first try reinstalling with the AV disabled.