• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Wilmap's Digital Creations FREEBIES

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I usually reserve my thanks for the comments on the download, Wendy - but thank you here as well. :) All your work is greatly appreciated.

Leana

Enthusiast
^^
Thanks for the welcome, even though I'm not really a newcomer. I've joined the Hive when the site started, I simply had nothing to post since forums reopened ;)

RobZhena

Adventurous
Awww welcome back ... and really nice things for Dawn... I can't use them, I don't use DS (my brain just doesn't work with it, sorry!) .... sigh.

Yes, DS only is a shame. But you can export them from DS to Poser as cr2s and use Creator's Toybox to fix the conversion properly. It doesn't take long. Attached is Jennifer wearing Wilmap's top & shorts for Dawn in Poser. Not all her garments play well with export, however. The layered dress, for example, exported only the top for some reason.

Jennifer in Top and Shorts for Dawn.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool...can I ask how you use Creators Toybox to do that? I have some things that I would like to convert to poser but the cr2's cause problems in Poser...

RobZhena

Adventurous
@Penadraia: First the bad news: Netherworks has apparently gone refugee since the DAZ Anschluss of RDNA, and I can't find his utilities for sale anywhere. Hopefully he will resurface. But if you have it already, the user's guide explains it all. The instructions are geared to transforming Genesis 2 figures and content, but they work fine on anything. In DS, load the figure/item, select it, and select file>export. Pick a destination folder; the file type should be preselected as cr2. Make sure Save Binary Morph File (PMD) is checked and click accept. I always put it in a folder for exported DS items in the Character Library. Go to Poser and load the cr2 (see below). If the product has a PoserCF for DSON, just load it.

The G2 process has a step where you first conform your DSON or imported cr2 (for products released without DSON CFs) to a DSON G2 figure so the clothing will adopt all the morphs. Then you save it to your Poser Character library. For a Dawn product, after loading it, save it to the Character library. This copy is the one you will convert.

Fire up Creators Toybox File Optimizer. There is a button in the lower right for Presets>Core Presets>Convert Saved DSON Accessories or Convert Saved DSON Figures. Use the first for clothing shoes, props, etc. Use the second for figures (e.g. Monique 6). For a Dawn item, you would choose accessories, unless you are converting Dawn herself (I converted Dusk Nataani that way).

The buttons on the right side let you convert all sorts of things. For clothing, shoes, figures, etc, pick Figures. Click the box and select the converted item from the Character Library and say yes, you want to proceed. Click copy. This will solidify the (I assume temporary) DS obj file. I created a folder in my Runtime geometries folder where I store all conversions. I learned you want a new subfolder folder for every item or your list gets way too long. Save your item. Toybox will churn for a few seconds and then tell you optimization is complete. You can now load the cr2 as fully native Poser. It will conform properly, but you may need to import morphs from (in Poser Pro) or use the fitting room to match a morphed figure. I imported morphs from Jenny in the above image.

There may be some alternative script to Toybox, but I have never investigated that because Toybox is easy and seamless. I hope this helps. Cheers!

RobZhena

Adventurous
I must amend. Fitting Room will break the seams. I understand that one can export the obj into Blender and fix that, but it is beyond my Poser Fu. Here is Wilmap's
Bra Dress G2F.jpg
Bra Dress G2F.jpg Bra Dress on G2F in Poser.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the how to...I have a copy of the product as I picked it up for converting morphs and creating a blank cr2 of Dawn and Dusk. I just didn't realise that you could use it for clothing.

I've noticed a few strange things happening to the mesh when I've attempted to use the fitting room. I put that down to my lack of knowledge. I really need some spare time just to play with some of these things...

RobZhena

Adventurous
You're welcome! I should clarify that most DAZ conversions work fine in the fitting room.

I became so enamored of the technical issue that I failed to complement the beauty of the dress I converted! It's wonderful. I changed the jacket to black lace and velvet in the material room.

atticanne

Inspired
Hi, Wendy. I visited your site yesterday and downloaded everything you have for Dawn. Haven't got it all installed yet, but about halfway through. I have always loved your creations. Thank you very, very much.