• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Marble

Inspired
Does this script work with DS 4.9 and G2F? I get to the point where I have the Prop_dyn in my scene but the Dynamic Clothing tab can't select it as an Active Item. Indeed it sees no clothing items in the scene at all.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.33.png
Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.48.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Marble, welcome to the hive! I personally am using it in ds4.8 but I'm sure in the thread over at daz I saw people posting who use 4.9. I've also seen people use it with Genesis 3 so I can't see why it wouldn't work with genf2...

Thats really puzzling...

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi Marble and welcome :)

That is odd! I used it successfully in 4.9 beta but I haven't installed 4.9 public build. I couldn't however get the update of the script to work so reinstalled the original.

Marble

Inspired
I'm wondering something. I loaded a V6 based character, not V6 (or G2F) original. I'll give it a try with a non-morphed G2F base figure but if that's the case, then the scripts won't be much use to me because I only use characters with lots of tweaking. I never use the stock figures.

By the way, this was a character saved as a scene and when I tried Zero Figure Shape, it retained all my morphs and did not zero back to a base G2F or V6.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Should work whether character is morphed or not. That shouldn't stop the object showing up in the dynamic control...

Marble

Inspired
Should work whether character is morphed or not. That shouldn't stop the object showing up in the dynamic control...

I've just tried it with a stock G2F base figure and stock conforming dress made for G2f. Converted to prop and then ran the script. No joy. I followed the tutorial posted earlier in this thread and checked every step. Clearly doesn't work on a Mac.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Does it say on Rendo that it will work with a Mac? Maybe contact the vendor and see what they say...

Lorraine

Thanks, Marble, we like to be friendly here :)

Just looked at the script's readme and this is what it has to say

'System Requirements:
--------------------
PC compatible, not tested in Mac'

so it looks like it isn't or may not be Mac compatible. That is sad.

Marble

Inspired
Well, $8 is not the end of the world. DAZ have a 30-day no questions return policy but Rendo don't (as far as I know). I am hoping the Virtual World Dynamics product will be more compatible but the Mac version may take a while even after it the DAZ Studio Windows version is released.

Lorraine

Mac users do seem to have to wait a lot longer than Windows users for things to happen. And that's if they DO happen. I have noticed a few DS plugins that never get made for Mac to the user's annoyance.

Marble

Inspired
I'd be happy to use Linux except that hardly anything gets a native Linux version. Windows dominates - I can't even use Iray because CPU mode is a slug on sedatives and I can't install a half-decent GPU in my iMac.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
welcome Marble..and sorry you can´t use it ...perhaps because it is Mac....but i suggest to try with another dress...as i experimented and we discussed in this thread some clothes work and some not....the same happens with comforming ones...i had sucess with some and nothing with another ones...is a question about to try ! ;)