• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Nessie, could you do us a favor, and post a screenshot of your collision settings? It's difficult to help without being able to see what you're looking at. :)

I'm doing all of mine in 4.8 also; no issues. My earlier drapes only used the base dynamic plugin as well, so I know it's possible to do. It's just a matter of needing to see what you're seeing, I think.

A screenshot of the collision settings and your dynamic cloth tab would help us to help you.

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
colliding only with the body without head,hands and feet...but i tried with the whole body too

mini try 1.jpg

mini try 2.jpg

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Don't have this dress installed but it seems dress uses some functions not implemented (IIRC) in DAZ (constrained group). Can you try dress with shoulders straps?
Constrained: Each cloth object can have one constrained group. An empty constrained group is automatically created when you clothify an object. Constrained vertices “stick” to corresponding polygon faces of the underlying figure and are useful for cloth areas that have to follow the movement of the underlying body part. They can be used to prevent straps on a dress from slipping... from Poser manual

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hmmm, that's sure slithering down alright. I've got that dress and SAV's other free dynamics but I can't test them till tomorrow. Though I did do one of her K4 dress which turned out OK. I will test them tomorrow and post my results. I am sorry you're having all this trouble, Ines, it's got to be frustrating for you.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
upload_2016-3-9_6-3-12.png

Above is what one of my own cloth simulations looks like when I'm setting up the collisions. You'll notice that I have some of Dawn's body parts DE-selected, so that the cloth does not try to collide with them. Things like her forearms, which the Abigail dress does not touch - same for her head, and her two neck body parts.

As Phudubrov points out, the dress you are using does have some features set on it that you don't currently have installed since you're only using the basic dynamic plugin. So that could be part of the issue as well...

phdubrov

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
the dress you are using does have some features set on it that you don't currently have installed since you're only using the basic dynamic plugin. So that could be part of the issue as well...
Can't say if it's part of full plugin or it's Poser-only feature - don't have full plugin.

Checked: yes, in Poser dress is "pinned" above the breast, so it will not work in DS as intended.
dress.png

Last edited:

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
thank you all so much...Seliah..yes i deselected the parts as you did...but i think what
phdubrov said is the thing...and as you said i will need the full plugin...well...for the moment i will have to wait...but at least i can use it in some comforming clothes :)

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
i tried valentine dress...and...it works!!:bounce:
and curiously Jemma dress by biscuit a strapless one too...i added an smooth modifier to both and i think they looks great!
so the problem seems to be how some meshes are made

Jemmadress.png

valentine dress.png

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Yay! That's great! I found the same thing when testing dresses for Luna. Some things worked, others were a dismal failure.