• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Bejaymac

Inspired
In the attached pic the dress "Long_Skirt" was a quick and dirty I made 22 months back to test out the hack, as you can see it's a conforming dress, but it's also dynamic, that's a single frame drape that has it fitting to my "Jenni", this was the original concept behind the hack to make all conformers dynamic.

Sadly this script only works on props, but if you don't mind manually editing DUF files then the data on how to convert conformers is in a thread over at Renderosity, I'd post a link but I'm not sure if the TOS here allows it or not. Conformers.jpg

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm using 4.8 with no problems Sanbie...is that due to no dynamic clothing control?
When I run the script I get no box opening to do any form of dynamics...though that could be because I don't know Studio well enough and really need a step by step(eg:where to find the next step lol) I still get lost with Studio

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ah...when you run the script do you get a new prop in your scene tab? If so it's doing what you need it to.

Then go to Window/Panes/Dynamic Clothing.
This will open up a new tab. Select the item, check what it's colliding against and then click the drape button.

For an animated drape(which I would recommend) you need to open up the timeline which can be found under Windows/Panes/timeline. You then click on a frame and pose your items. This needs to be done prior to draping.

The script doesn't actually do the draping just converting it to something that can be draped in the clothing control.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
When I run the script I get no box opening to do any form of dynamics...though that could be because I don't know Studio well enough and really need a step by step(eg:where to find the next step lol) I still get lost with Studio

Hi Sanbie. :)

It sounds like what you're running into is more a matter of learning the DS interface. Here's a quickie how-to :

1.) Go up to the top of your DS window. Click on Window --> Panes (Tabs) --> Dynamic Clothing :

upload_2016-2-13_20-46-47.png

2.) Now this should open up a tab with the Dynamic clothing simulation stuff in it. If you have not previously set it up in your interface, the tab might be "floating," and you can drag it to either side of the interface to "dock" it in with the other panes. Dock that tab now, if it isn't already docked.

3.) Now go back up to the top of the window again. Click on Window --> Panes (Tabs) --> Timeline :

upload_2016-2-13_20-49-7.png

4.) Like the last step, this should open up your Timeline. If the tab is floating, just drag it to whichever side of your interface you want it, to dock it. Go ahead and dock the Timeline now, if it's not already docked.

Note that tabs can be rearranged in order by dragging them up or down on the tab list. Here's what my interface looks like. These are the tabs that I have set up on the LEFT side of my DS screen :

upload_2016-2-13_20-50-54.png

And these are the tabs that I have set up on the RIGHT side of my screen :

upload_2016-2-13_20-51-36.png

Now, once you have your Dynamic Clothing and Timeline tabs docked, what you do, is go into your TIMELINE. Make sure that you are on Current Frame : 0 (Zero), like this :

upload_2016-2-13_20-52-53.png

This is important, because just like in Poser, the cloth simulation is best run as an animation, starting at Frame Zero and ending on Frame 30. So always make sure you are on Frame numer "0" (Zero) at this part of the process.

5.) Now, click on your CONTENT LIBRARY tab.

6.) Load your figure, then load your clothing item. If it's a conformer, then go ahead and conform the item to the figure (this is the "Fit To" function in Studio). DO NOT POSE the figure yet. DO NOT MORPH the figure yet. If the figure loads in already posed and morphed, then what you want to do is MEMORIZE the figure shape (assuming you want to keep that shape/morph for the end product) and then, if you want to keep your pose as it is for the end product, MEMORIZE, and then ZERO the figure pose as well.

Make SURE you zero BOTH the pose AND the shape.

This is done by making sure your figure is first selected in the SCENE tab, and then opening your PARAMETERS tab (and closing it/clicking on it to collapse it if desired), and then going to the upper right corner (right next to the RIGHT-side tabs on your interface) and clicking the icon that looks like a notepad/list with a triangle in the corner :

upload_2016-2-13_21-0-39.png

And this is the fly-out that you will get in order to memorize the figure Shape and figure Pose :

upload_2016-2-13_21-2-25.png

So, when you load your figure at FRAME ZERO on the Timeline, make sure you MEMORIZE the figure's SHAPE and then memorize the figure's POSE if you want to keep them for the final result.

Once you have memorized them, again, still working on FRAME ZERO of the Timeline - go back to where you memorized them, and now ZERO the figure pose, and ZERO the figure shape.

7.) Now, you want to go back to your TIMELINE tab, and where it says "CURRENT" for the frame, type in the number "30" and hit enter. This will put you on FRAME 30 of your timeline :

upload_2016-2-13_21-5-15.png

8.) Now, you want to go back to where you Memorized and Zero'd your figure's pose and shape. This time, when you open that little menu, you're going to select RESTORE figure SHAPE, and then, if you are keeping the loaded pose, RESTORE figure POSE. :

upload_2016-2-13_21-6-34.png

Or, you can just click on "Restore FIGURE" and it should restore BOTH the pose AND the shape.

Now, STILL working in this Frame 30, if you have NOT already set up the pose (and likewise if you have NOT yet morphed the figure the way that you want for your final product) go ahead and pose or morph the figure on this frame as you would normally. Remember, you're doing all your posing/morphing on Frame 30.

Likewise, if the item you want to make dynamic has any morphs for shaping or posing, you need to make sure it's shape and pose are zero'd on Frame Zero (it can be conformed, but should be in zero state for pose and morphs), and you can adjust it's morphs/posing on Frame 30 along with your human figure.

7.) Once you're happy with the figure's shape/morphs and the pose on Frame 30, go back to Frame 0 (Zero) in the Timeline. Just open the Timeline tab and type in the "0" for "Current" to do this.

8.) Now go to the SCENE tab. Select the item that you want to be dynamic.

9.) Now you set up your item to be dynamic for the purposes of running the cloth sim.

For conforming cloth item :
If this is a conforming cloth item, then you need to go back up to the top of the DS window and click on Figure --> Rigging --> Convert Figure to Prop. Now again, make sure the item you want to be dynamic (conformer that we just converted to a PROP format) is selected in the SCENE tab. Then go to your Content library, navigate to where you placed the DynCreator script, and run the script.

The script will create a second copy of your item as a dynamic item. So, if you're running the script on "Button Shirt", then what you will see in the SCENE tab after running the script, is "Button Shirt_dyn." The item that ends with "_dyn" is the dynamic cloth item. You can delete the other one now if you wish, or just set it invisible.

For an item that is already in PROP format :
If the item you want to drape is already a prop item, such as a Poser dynamic item that you imported to drape inside of Studio, then you simply make sure the item is selected in the SCENE tab, and then go to the Content Library, find your DynCreator script, and load the scrip.

10.) Now go back to your SCENE tab. Find the item that you just made dynamic. It will end with "_dyn." Select this item.

11.) Now, just to be safe, check your TIMELINE tab, and make sure that the CURRENT frame is still set to "0" (ZERO).

12.) Now, go to your DYNAMIC ClOTHING tab.

13.) In this tab, you can now set up your simulation. You select the collision items and all of that in here. Make sure you have the simulation set to run as "animated" and once you've set up all the collisions and such, go ahead and click on the "Drape" button.

upload_2016-2-13_21-30-13.png

If you need to re-run the simulation, just make sure you go back to CURRENT frame ZERO on your timeline each time you change your simulation and to re-run the draping.

--------------------

Hope this helps, Sanbie. Sorry it's so long! I was trying to show pictures in case you were just not familiar with the interface for DS 4.8...

Last edited:

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Ah...when you run the script do you get a new prop in your scene tab? If so it's doing what you need it to.

Then go to Window/Panes/Dynamic Clothing.
This will open up a new tab. Select the item, check what it's colliding against and then click the drape button.

For an animated drape(which I would recommend) you need to open up the timeline which can be found under Windows/Panes/timeline. You then click on a frame and pose your items. This needs to be done prior to draping.

The script doesn't actually do the draping just converting it to something that can be draped in the clothing control.
See I never knew any of this lol...when I clicked on the script...nothing happened! lol

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Is it ok if I save this to pdf?...And how on earth did you get your things to dock in like that?????

Pen I am still trying to set up my DS

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Forgot to say...Thank you so much for this Seliah...and you were right I had no idea where any of that was until you showed me!!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Is it ok if I save this to pdf?...And how on earth did you get your things to dock in like that?????

Pen I am still trying to set up my DS

Absolutely! You can definitely save it to PDF if you want. No problem at all! Would you be willing to email me a copy of the PDF if you do decide to save it that way? I am thinking about adding this and the Pose-Save tuts to my website Tutorials section, and I can't seem to make a PDF format that I'm happy with! LOL

As far as docking things... I have my layout chosen from the available styles, and then I've done a lot of manual rearranging of the interface elements to suit my style and my own workflow.

Tabs can be un-docked to float, or they can be docked to "stick" to the sides..

Go to the top of your DS window. Click on Window --> Workspace --> Select Layout :

upload_2016-2-13_22-11-58.png

Then you can select your layout from the window that pops up. I prefer to use the "City Limits" layout for my interface, but there are a few different options that you can pick from :

upload_2016-2-13_22-12-58.png

Now, as far as docking and undocking tabs. To DOCK a tab that's currently floating in your screen :

upload_2016-2-13_22-15-53.png

Once it's "pinned/docked" on the side you want it, if you want the tab to be higher or lower in the list, you just left click and HOLD the mouse button in, then drag it UP or DOWN in the list of docked tabs. When you have your mouse pointer where you want the tab to live, just release the mouse button and the tabs should rearrange accordingly.

You may have to rearrange a couple of tabs this way to get everything set up the way you like.

Also, if you want to UNDOCK a tab that is currently docked/pinned, you just RIGHT click on the tab's name, and choose "Make Pane Undockable." It will "pop" out and float in the middle of your DS interface.

Last edited:

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Well I did something wrong...the figure moved but the dress stayed still...I just imported an obj...
I will send you the pdf Seliah

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I did something wrong...the figure moved but the dress stayed still...I just imported an obj.

Okay. I have not used the script on an imported OBJ yet myself, but a quick couple of questions :

1.) Did you make sure the OBJ was selected in the SCENE tab when you ran the script?
2.) Once you ran the script, was there a second "copy" of your OBJ item listed under the Scene tab? It would have been named something like OBJ_dyn.
3.) On the start frame (Current Frame Zero), did you select the item(s) that you wanted the dynamic OBJ to collide with?

Ok I had to send it through start a conversation...But it has been sent!

I've got it, thanks very much. Do you mind if I add it to my website's tutorials area? I would credit you with making the PDF conversion...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah...that bit about memorise shape is new to me.

LOL. I think that is one of my more frequently used functions in DS... I use it a lot. Especially if I'm about to make a change to morphs or pose and I'm not sure if it's something I will keep... then I will use the Memorize function as a just in case.. and if I don't like the result, I can then go back in and just do the Restore Shape or Pose.

It's quite a handy little thing. That menu is somewhat dynamic, so depending on what tabs you have active, and what items you have selected, some of the options in it will change... when I open it up and dont' see the Memorize figure/pose I just click up at the top of the window and then open my Parameter tab and collapse that tab again. And then the functions are available in that little fly-out menu. It's very convenient...

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Sorry had a nana nap...I can see what I did wrong...in your tut when you collide against a viewport is there and you tick a lot of boxes that you need...I never got that viewport...so after dinner I will try again!
As for the pdf...it is now yours...do whatever you want with it honey...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry had a nana nap...I can see what I did wrong...in your tut when you collide against a viewport is there and you tick a lot of boxes that you need...I never got that viewport...so after dinner I will try again!

Yes, you have to click the "collide against" button when you reach that point of the process, and then in the dialogue window, select the things you want the dynamic item to collide with, and-or DEselect the things you do NOT want it colliding with.

By default, it will have "Everything" selected. What I do is I un-check that "Everything" box, and then I go through and select just the pieces the cloth will be colliding with.

So things like the figure's eyes, mouth, head, fingers... these might be de-selected depending on the cloth and how I want it to drape.

This part of the process involves very much thinking in 3 dimensions. "In that pose, what parts of the body/what items in the scene would this cloth touch?"

The answer to that question, is what you select for your collision items. ;) And then you can de-select from there as need be.

As for the pdf...it is now yours...do whatever you want with it honey...

Thanks again, Sanbie. I appreciate it. :)