• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Just popped up on Rendo today. A script that claims to make it possible to use poser Dynamics in Studio. Also claims that it can make conforming clothing comply with the Optitex plug-in that's built into Studio 4 (doesn't say what version of Studio 4). It does add the rider that not all conforming clothing is set up properly to work appropriately with the script. But does say that the Poser dynamic props would be compliant.

Sounds like a version of the Poser cloth room that Studio users have been envying for yonks.

If it actually *works* that is...

SimonJM

Enthusiast
There's been some chatter about such a plug-in that I have seen, not sure if this is the one or not but it sounds like it. If so, it's an 'engine' that does the work that is controlled by the program (it started in/with Carrara and Poser?).

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
There's been some chatter about such a plug-in that I have seen, not sure if this is the one or not but it sounds like it. If so, it's an 'engine' that does the work that is controlled by the program (it started in/with Carrara and Poser?).

I don't believe this is the same vendor - Virtual World Dynamics - you are referring to. It appears this vendor (not a clue who it is) actually beat VWD to the punch for DS.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
You could always message one of the reviewers for their view on the matter? One says it works great.

I would imagine conforming stuff will be an issue as it's not welded and in bits so may fall apart, dynamic props for poser are fully welded.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Right. On the other hand you could probably make a tablecloth or blanket drape over whatever its supposed to drape over.

I wonder if you could only select the skirt of something and drape that? Or maybe load two copies and mess with the visibility of both so only the one with the skirt showing gets hit by the script.

And then there are all those lovely dynamics for Dawn... (How well would those work on Genesis, I wonder?)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
They would probably work fine. They may load offset from Genesis, so you'd need to tweak the positioning of the clothing once loaded, and you may need to scale them. But, I've even used dynamic clothing for SuzyQ 2 and the Dude 2 with Dawn and Dusk. Clearly, a lot of scaling was needed for that!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Positioning and scaling I can do. I've ended up doing a lot of kit bashing to get my illos done.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I saw this today as well and am curious as to how well it works, would love to know your views if you decide to get it.

SimonJM

Enthusiast
I don't believe this is the same vendor - Virtual World Dynamics - you are referring to. It appears this vendor (not a clue who it is) actually beat VWD to the punch for DS.
Having now looked at the description of the product I realise it's definitely not the one by WDW, but possibly (stress possibly!) based on a 'kludge' that was commented upon on the DAZ forums a while back of by changing some of the settings/data within a .cr2 or .pp2, etc., etc., you you could fool the DCC plug-in to treat the item as dynamic. Again, this is with NO KNOWLEDGE of the product. It's certainly cheap enough to warrant a look, but I am, to be honest, going to skip it.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I got it and it it seems to work fine! I will post some images later unless someone else does.
I just tested a rather tight dress on Dawn that the script indeed made dynamic, there was slight poke-through but easily solved with smoothing/collision modifier.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I got it too but not had chance to play with it, if it works good enough I will possibly make some G3F clothing but don't quote me on it.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
here's a quick test. I dont have the dynamic clothing control plugin (maybe you can pin parts down with that?)
Still, not bad for the price ;-)

Cybrea

Test render in Daz using DynCreator and Lully's Loveit dress for Dawn. Smoothing modifier on.

LoveItDress.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's not bad at all Cy. Looks like that script works pretty nicely.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It's a freebie Cybrea did for Dawn which she had uploaded, or linked, to on the old forum, and used for her avatar. Her name is Rayne, and I have her.

IIRC,, she's a facial morph only. No skin textures are included. I think for a render I did with her when I first got her, I used the SV Dawn Skin set by Sveva over at R'osity.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. Thank you.

Well obviously this is the most reasonable way of getting some of Lully's beautiful dynamics into service in Studio. Jumping through hoops is *so* not my favorite exercise. I'm going to have to check them out.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
In the basket waiting for payday! Thanks for the tip and OMG, so many of Lully's clothes to buy!:)