• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who is lola69 and does his/her script work?

Marble

Inspired
I'm not at my machine right now but yes, I will try another garment. However, it isn't just that the dress doesn't fit or has bits missing - it just does not appear at all in the Dynamic Clothing tab. I haven't seen that reported anywhere.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Sorry that you can't use it...as it's script based would the scripting in the Mac for DS be different? Maybe it's just a slight difference in the naming convention...we need someone like Bejaymac...he would know.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
By the way, this was a character saved as a scene and when I tried Zero Figure Shape, it retained all my morphs and did not zero back to a base G2F or V6.

Hi, Marble. Welcome to the forums here. :)

The above quote makes me think there might be an issue with your installation. If you go to zero the figure shape, it should ZERO the shape. That's a basic function in Daz Studio, and if that's not working correctly, I would wonder whether or not there's an issue with your installation of Studio itself. If there's an underlying problem with the installation, it could affect multiple different functions as well.

Marble

Inspired
Hi, Marble. Welcome to the forums here. :)

The above quote makes me think there might be an issue with your installation. If you go to zero the figure shape, it should ZERO the shape. That's a basic function in Daz Studio, and if that's not working correctly, I would wonder whether or not there's an issue with your installation of Studio itself. If there's an underlying problem with the installation, it could affect multiple different functions as well.

As far as I know, it will zero back to the original shape. So if the shape loaded was G2F base, it will zero to that. If V7 or Bethany 7 it will zero back to those character shapes. I assume it depends on the way that the figure is saved and I can't remember how I saved my character. Nevertheless, I did try with a base G2F and the script still did not work. I've sent a PM to Lola69 because one of the product reviewers said he received advice on how to get it to work with the Dynamic Clothing Control on a Mac.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I see nothing was added to this thread for over a year, but as I have a query that relates to the script, I'd thought I would add this to the existing thread.

Has anyone tried the script in the new Daz release? I just tried with the updated script at Rendo and got terrible results. Not sure if this is from the updated script or if DAZ has put some sort of code in the new version to stop people using this. Is there anyone who has got this too or is your script working still in the new version?

This just looks like melted cheese :( It's supposed to be the Lovit dress.

upload_2017-9-26_13-11-2.png

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Do you have the full optitex plug in? If so have you played with the settings? It looks like gravity is set to high? The other thing you could try is the fabric presets if you have them?

I only just installed the latest version and I haven't tried any dynamics yet.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I don't have that plugin, just what came with Daz, the dynamic pane.

I got fairly decent results when we all got the script, I've even posted on here. Cybrea also had good results, but both of us are getting the same problem as I've shown above. I wonder if the new version of DAZ has been coded so it doesn't accept the script, or if the script has changed/been altered. I notice there is a new part about optitex uvs, but either way (yes or no on that part) it ends up the same, the pic above is "no" to that box and it's the best results I can get. :(

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
oh also, are the fabric presets available anywhere and are they free? Do they work if I dont have the full blown optitex thing?

edit: Don't worry, I found the presets are on optitex site, but you need the full version.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I wouldn't put it past them to code to disable that script. They tended to shut down any thread that mentioned that script.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Think I will give up. I'm not really fond of stringy cheese dresses. Maybe Lady Gaga is interested :p

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...she has more taste than that. It would be nice to get your outfits into the DS market as well as the Poser one.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
That's what I was thinking. Most of the work is done with the modelling and uvmaps/mat zone tweaks. It's just a case of loading it into Daz and saving a prop. I could then do a selection of fabrics like I do with the poser ones.

DAZ obviously wants to promote optitex and the other one that's out.

I'm still hoping that there will be a built-in cloth simulator eventually, but who knows.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Have you ever considered doing them as conforming? Many of the ones I've tried seem to work quite nicely not as good as proper dynamics but I think many would still like them. Especially if you did morphs for the standard poses which I've seen some vendors do.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Not very good with conforming, especially long dresses and pants (weightmapping brainblock) That's why all my Daz conforming stuff is short, lol. Plus I never think the long stuff looks any good. Think I've been too spoilt with poser dynamics to think anything below the knee would look good.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Fair enough...I just bought Arki's tutorial about rigging complex items in DS. It's reduced from $109 to around $60 at the moment.