• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Who inherits your product library?

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't think there's anything in the EULAs that allow for transferring of "ownership"

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Actually, something to think about in general is do your next of kin have access (i.e. a way to get your passwords) if something happens to you. I've worked for years in tech support, and I've often helped people 'hack in' to a dead relative's accounts and computers. Some of the roughest have been instances of a spouse, who handled all the online stuff (which included tracking and paying bills) then passed away, and the husband or wife just didn't know at all how to access their own financial data.

When it comes to iTunes libraries especially, I've noticed most people who've had a close family member pass away, often want that persons music, mostly because it reminds them of that person.

Another tricky thing that used to be really tricky and required some creative thinking, was finding ways to back up voicemails. Lots of people have voicemails they keep of a loved one who passed away, and it used to be that there wasn't a good way to back those up, though I think most smart phones allow for that now.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't think you can legally transfer some programs like Poser or the DAZ models.
But the items you create for them are your own and can be transferred.
I have no idea how HiveWire feels on transferring ownership of their models if you are no longer able to work with them or in case of death.
My daughter will soon have power of attorney for me so if something happens she can decide to keep the products selling or not.
If you don't want to give limited POA, make sure your next of kin has access to your sites.

Also, how do other vendors who create models feel about transfer of their items?
Say I buy a dress or textures or other items for Dawn or V4, if I die would my daughter have rights to use them?
I think it would be a good idea for vendors to clarify how they feel about it in the readmes so we know.

I'd feel kuch better if I knew so I could let her know just what she can and can't use.

Edits done: :)

Last edited:

eclark1894

Visionary
I may be weird as far as digital products go, but I have no problems with you transferring your right of ownership to anything I make to someone else. I think that your content library on your computer or drive should be treated just like a book, video or record collection.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ok...what gives McGyver? Your last two posts have been the shortest ever...are you feeling ok?