• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Where to put data folder?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So I've been working on something and showed it to someone and they said I had the data folder in the wrong place. They said it goes in the same folder as the runtime. I did this but now it's showing up in the library.

Help please.

Attachments

• 2021-04-08_2-57-43.png
    2021-04-08_2-57-43.png
    29.2 KB · Views: 157

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Janet, I just checked the zip of one of my old DS products, and the Data folder is not "in" the Runtime folder, it's on the same "level" as the Runtime folder. In this particular case it's as follows:

Content
Data​
Environments​
Runtime​

Hope that helps.

Kerya

Brilliant
This looks like you have the data folder as a content folder in the Content Directory Manager ... which is unnecessary.

Attachments

• contentdirectorymanager1.jpg
    contentdirectorymanager1.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 172
  • contentdirectorymanager2.jpg
    contentdirectorymanager2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 162

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Hmm I found the Content Directory Manager. What do I change there?

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
The Content directory should have the folder that contains the data folder, not the data folder itself.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I don't mess with folder structures. The Data folder is directly under the Content folder, or more recently, directly under the DAZ3D Library folder.

Data Folder in DS.jpg

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Unfortunately, some content creators put things all over the place, rather than following the standards. Like a Content folder under the Content (or DAZ3S Library) folder. Or they use non-standard names for folders, so we end up with things like Camera, Camera Presets, Cameras; Character (the proper one), Characters. It makes me crazy sometimes.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's why I always manually install products, no matter which software it's for. I prefer to know exactly where everything is, and as you mentioned, I don't like separate folders for Character and Characters, etc., though Poser content creators don't usually do that, but still, I sometimes find odd named folders I've not seen before.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Yes, "Pose" and "Poses" is what drives me crazy.

Just as a quick reference, the top most folder is a Content folder, but it can be named absolutely anything, eg, My Library, Content, 3d stuff, George, etc. That is the folder that needs to be in the Daz Studio content directory. Within that folder will be the data folder, runtime, people, poses, etc.