• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What is Modo?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
It's important to know that all Hivewire 3D figures and morphs were created with Modo. :)

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
Hmmmm is there a 32 bit trial version of Modo? oh wait is Modo one of those software packages like Maya with $$$$$$ price tags?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Modo 11.1 has just been released, and it ain't cheap. Just like Adobe, they also want to go into subscriptions.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I got no money. the only reason I use photoshop is that I got the last version when it was not subscription based. I do not have the latest version of Photoshop though. Hmmm maybe I will look into Modo when I get some regular money coming in via creating content. Until then I will look into free stuff or stuff I already have like Zbrush.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Hmmmm is there a 32 bit trial version of Modo? oh wait is Modo one of those software packages like Maya with $$$$$$ price tags?

Yes, it is. Modo is another one of those industry programs with the high price tags aimed at vfx/game industry pros. Their subscription model seems to make it a bit more affordable starting out, because you don't get hit with the high tag all in one go.

Nowadays it seems Blender is being kept as an app in their arsenal as well. With the direction Blender is going, I'd forgo the Modo price tag and just learn Blender. A lot of useful scripts and addons for that app and it's getting better and better with each new version.