• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

What are "Conversations"?

McGyver

Energetic
Are Conversations the same as Private Messages? I'm not finding a Private Message option, and it seems like Conversations are more open then PMs...
I thought when you look up a member it used to give you the option to PM them... Now all I see is "Start Conversation" or something like that... I figured I should ask before I go and do that and something weird happens... Not that it would be weird for me, but possibly confusing for someone else.

I noticed Digidotz asked about something in the Filter Forge forums and I wanted to mention an option that might be helpful in case he (?) is not subscribed to that thread.

That and I've kidnapped Lamalover123's pet lama and I want to send them a ransom note.

Uh.... Ignore that last part...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes McGyver, Conversations are like PMs, except you can have more than one-on-one "conversations". A PM is just between the sender and receiver, whereas the conversations can be between a group of people. Think of it as a way to collaborate on a project together, instead of having to do separate PMs to each person.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL - give that Llama BACK!!!

What Miss B said. Of course, you CAN just have conversations between 2 people which is just like pms....with that extra coolness she mentions ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
This is International Lamarescue. Step away from the lama, I say, release the lama and step away. Some monastery in Tibet is very mad at you, McG. Even though they are peaceful Buddhists and abjure violence they are willing to go against their beliefs to get their lama back. That's what happens when you misplace an 'l'.

McGyver

Energetic
Will 14 gallons of coffee-chocolate-fudge gelato be adequate compensation for lama sequestering? I must add, it's encased in a very complicated cryogenic capsule and may be over 4,000 years old... Or three months... It's hard to tell with cryogenic stuff.

Edited to add....

Never mind... The stupid llama double crossed me... He stole the ransom money, my clothes and my truck and took off with the gelato too...
Never trust a llama... Lorenzo was in on the whole thing from the beginning and I think he might be using the alien technology in the capsule for no good.
Stupid llama.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:rofl: I now have this image of orange clad monks chasing McGyver through a busy market place and using all sorts of ninja tactics on him! And GG calling out from an alleyway "psst, over here..."

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Obviously must have! I liked the way they used Benny Hill Music in the background for it...

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
I just want some of that coffee-chocolate-fudge gelato - oh, wait, not in the who knows how old capsule....

never mind :p

McGyver

Energetic
Well, I've been told that on some worlds, centuries old gelato is like fine wine... Or poison... I suppose it depends on the world... Megh, it's in that stupid pajama wearing llama's hooves now, so no worries...