• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Well, I'm back

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Part-time that is. At least for September when we are closing down the "summer residence"
Didn't get any descent work done since we had this heat wave, record breaking I heard in the news. The hottest summer since 40 years with peaks up to 37 celsius. Wich is pretty steaming for the the Netherlands.
I tried hard to keep my garden alive wich attracked all sorts of small wildlife since we had small water basins for them. The 4 trees gave me such good shading and kept the space underneath them cool, no parasol can match that.
Next year we will get some serious renovating done, I will post some pics in my thread in the sandbox but we are waiting for an estimate on the price and the 'guy' - everybody needs to have a 'guy' for these things LOL - doesn't have time 'till next year.
I couldnt get a descent WiFi up there either so I am definetly getting my own hotspot from my own provider up there.
So how is everybody up here?! Everyone had a good summer?! I did miss you peeps.....

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Welcome back!

It's been a LONG LONG LONG summer. I'll be glad for autumn, though I wouldn't mind a longer than usual autumn with a very short winter.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Welcome back Pom! We had a good summer in Ireland, but now it's back to cool mornings as Autumn kicks in. Also I had to go back to school this morning to register and get my storage locker, just got back home. From Monday it's back to school as normal, to start another long year. :(

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Welcome back, Pommie! Has been warm here (for us) but our worst issue has been the smoke from fires on the west coast of US & Canada, causing really bad air quality recently.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yay, Pom's back in the house!! The summer here on the East Coast, USA was not only hot, it was dangerously humid. :(

Luckily the humidity has calmed down lately, so it's been nice. How long this "cooling off" period will last, who knows, but like Satira, I'd like a looooong Autumn and short Winter. Then again, who knows what Mother Nature has in store for us. ~shakes head~

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Glad you are back Pom!

After a month of 90 degree of more weather it looks like it's 70s for the foreseeable future. I think Autumn is here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I wouldn't mind a warm/mild winter, but not sure about the "wet" part. Then again, if it's mild it'll be more rain than snow.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
My Mam lit the fire tonight, first time since May I think. It was very nice all of us sitting by the fire and talking about this and that, I didn't realize how much I missed that until tonight.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
I'm hoping for a real authentic Dutch winter, with the "Elfstedentocht". That is an ice skating race on natural ice passing eleven villages in the province of Friesland, it's 220 km long. You need a stern winter for that with heaps of snow.
The summer was long and hot. I even got myself a bathing suit, you peopl do not want to see me in that. :D
But I went swimming for the first time in 35 years.
So did out dog, she got her own descent swimming pool for in the garden in wich we all could sit and cool of.

Spring was like a real spring with all the bulbs in full bloom. And after a summer like that only a nice Autumm with colorfull leaves and real autumm storms followed by a white christmas can top the year of and be perfect in all it's 4 seasons.

My Mam lit the fire tonight, first time since May I think. It was very nice all of us sitting by the fire and talking about this and that, I didn't realize how much I missed that until tonight.

I love fires, good for telling stories over cup of hot coco

Terre

Renowned
Welcome back. Oddly we had a mild summer here. After having had a mild winter everyone was expecting a scorcher but we had fewer 100+F days than normal instead of more. I'm curious about what winter will bring.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Well, here in Texas by the Gulf Coast its's still in the mid to high 90's every day which makes the heat index 114 or 115 degrees. Dangerous heat and it's very humid here.
I'd kill to be back home up north where fall lasts a few months, the leaves are red, orange and yellow, and you can enjoy cocoa in the cool evenings on the porch. Then we look forward to winter with sledding and ice skating.
Pommerlis, we used to drive to Pella, Iowa every year for the Tulip Time. The entire town celebrated their heritage with traditional dress, food, crafts, tools, etc. There were old men making hand carved wooden shoes after they measured your feet. I got mine when I was 9 or 10, and I still have them (in my 60's now). But they are a special memory. There are parades, traditional food, tour of the Pella Historic Village Museum and the Vermeer Windmill. We went every year but I was always excited to go.
Pella, Iowa is also famously know for "Pella Windows" They have a mill and they make windows for places all over the U.S. They're very popular here. So you see, you can have the Netherlands in Iowa!!