• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Was There a Bomber Jacket for Dawn?

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
That's just how cool Chris's Resource Kit is! He put just about everything in there:) I did try for an Antonio Banderas, an Eduardo Verastegui and an Aidan Turner but coudnt quite squeak those out of the dials:) I wish I could model worth a darn!! Your work just blows me away!
Good choice on the guys , handsome fellas, Bandera's nose is his signature , not easy to recreate , I tried with my last Spanish guy shape to go for the look , we see how he looks like after texturing ;)
Give yourself some credit girl ! you have a good eye for things , I can see that and that is a gold !
There was a rumor in the swamp, that you created the original Dawn figure and give it to Chris to finish lol
you see people think highly of your skills and talent ! :inlove: :p

And thank you ! happy you like my work ., really appreciate it!

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Good choice on the guys , handsome fellas, Bandera's nose is his signature , not easy to recreate , I tried with my last Spanish guy shape to go for the look , we see how he looks like after texturing ;)
Give yourself some credit girl ! you have a good eye for things , I can see that and that is a gold !
There was a rumor in the swamp, that you created the original Dawn figure and give it to Chris to finish lol
you see people think highly of your skills and talent ! :inlove: :p

And thank you ! happy you like my work ., really appreciate it!

Yeah I was thinking your Spanish guy has Antonio's sultry latin look :)

Me???!!! Make Dawn?? You are just kidding me right?!!

LOL anyone who knows me knows I can not model to save my life:) I even got an F in 3D Space when I was at Parsons (only class I've ever flunked in my life)
I am a wicked dial spinner though! :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Yeah I was thinking your Spanish guy has Antonio's sultry latin look :)

Me???!!! Make Dawn?? You are just kidding me right?!!

LOL anyone who knows me knows I can not model to save my life:) I even got an F in 3D Space when I was at Parsons (only class I've ever flunked in my life)
I am a wicked dial spinner though! :)
I am not kidding , people have a wild imagination , making up stories on the go .. what they don't know, they make it up..
When I come across it once again I will make a snapshot for your amusement .. :laugh:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Gorgeous.

He reminds me of Rodrigo somehow ;). Your dial spinning is indeed wicked, especially combined with your texturing talent. Otherwise, we'd not have had everyone swooning at your Dusk characters ;).

Whoever Cath's talking about apparently doesn't realize that Chris is a wicked modeler in all media, including Oreo cookie cream ;).

Back to the subject at hand, though it's pretty much resolved, so I don't feel too bad drifting from it, it will be lovely when your beautiful denim products are available again!

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Wow that is so crazy- I rarely even do any chick renders at all in all my 3d career. That is definitely very funny! I could see it more if they said something about Dusk. I am much more into the boys 3d-wise:) I did try to make a character with M3/4 back in the day but finally just gave it up.
Darkness on the Edge of Town (for romanceworks) by cwrw Bryce Pin-ups
Very nice one and sexy , considering it is a 2007 render , it is very well done , I told you, you have a good eye for things not from yesterday ..
No matter what people talk as long they talk ..... that's important

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Whoever Cath's talking about apparently doesn't realize that Chris is a wicked modeler in all media, including Oreo cookie cream ;).
Yeah people are insane ..
Back to the subject at hand, though it's pretty much resolved, so I don't feel too bad drifting from it
That made me laugh... are you back from your retirement so soon ? :lol:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Very nice one and sexy , considering it is a 2007 render , it is very well done , I told you, you have a good eye for things not from yesterday ..
No matter what people talk as long they talk ..... that's important

LOL I just like my human and equine studs:)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Getting back to the bomber jacket...Kage and I have been conversing via pm. I think we might have a possible solution but as I'm not very good with Poser and might need some assistance from a Poser user how best to do it.

I suggested he load the Dawn object that comes with the Poser product as a morph on Dusk and then copies the morphs across to the jacket. Can anyone point to a tutorial on how to load morphs so he can give this a try. I feel like the blind leading the blind here as Poser is not my program of choice and I'm lacking knowledge in how to do this.

So Laurie and Cath, thoughts? Would this work?\

Sorry to interrupt the discussion on cute guys.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
LOL I am totally clueless on how to do any of that in Poser (really DS too.. I just was able to mostly "fit" it in DS with their default tools/dialog box. (underlying autocloning? I have no idea...)

Cath shoudl have a much idea than I!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the response Laurie. The autofit tools which is what you most likely used are really easy to use as they pop up when you try and fit to the character and it's fairly easy to follow. Getting a good result isn't always as easy though depending on the item.

Hopefully Cath can help. I'm fairly clueless in Poser.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I believe I have some in depth tutorials I grabbed years ago about making full body morphs in Poser and exporting them to injection files and PMDs. This was also right around when RDNA fell, and I suffered a few HD crashes...so hopefully they survived. I need to make some time and give these tutorials a good reading and take a crack at it.

I do not have the tools or skills to work in DS. I prefer not to use DS or learn it.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Sorry guys but that is not what I can help you here with .
The whole rigging process I do myself in DS as most of you do and later convert it to Poser and eventually just edit the weight maps among other stuff .

@KageRyu
The best solution here is to asking Chris and Paul to make Bomber jacket for Dawn , but I doubt they have time for that since they are busy with Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 and other stuff and very limited time on the hand at this moment.

here are some stuff that can help you , especially the first and last link

Poser clones for clothing conversion
click here
How to convert DS Dawn clothing to Poser
click here
Poser2014 Fitting ROOM
click here

Maybe one of the hard core Poser users here in this forum could give you a better idea on this topic like @Ken1171 since he have a deeper technical knowledge in Poser and always handful with tricks and tips, ask @Ken1171 in the Poser clone tread about.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the help Cath. We had discussed privately the option of Chris and Paul doing it but came to the same conclusion.

I hadn't heard about Poser clones.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't think Poser has/uses clones, at least I've never heard of any. The only clones I've ever heard of are for DS.

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I don't think it was about the same clones as in DS , more of a full body morphs to help shape the clothing but that requests some skills here as well.
Poser2014 have a fitting room so I guess best solution .
I don't think we can make anything more here in this case.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Before I can do much more with this I need to finish an extensive morph/ERC job for a friend who has been waiting on me. Once that is done I will come back to this and try some of the ideas and post results.