• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Virtual Reality Modelling is here to see.

Seebee

The Oculus Rift CV1 has recently acquired "hands and fingers" with the new release of "touch controllers".

This link Oculus might show you the possibilities and created some interest?

The software (so cheap) is called " Oculus Medium" and allows a very intuitive hands on experience.

If anyone has more interest then Youtube has many examples of this remarkable tool..

Cheers...

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Thanks for the info, will have to take some time and check it out.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Worth time to take a look as is this link:

Virtual reality is the new canvas: Oculus shows off Medium sculptures

Note that models/ figures are compatible with many formats including Poser/ Daz.

For those put off by traditional methods of modeling this is quite revolutionary.

However it does require the VR headset of course and a good computer.
But most here would have the computer hardware already.
Cheers..

It's a really cool idea. I can see it being an amazing tool for some people, and a way to make humorous silly looking things for people like me (hey I did once make a really nice pig out of clay). The funny thing is, even though I'm a huge gamer, this is a bigger sell to me on VR than any of the gaming I've seen so far as been.

Seebee

Gadget Girl, I agree with your comment on VR and Gaming.
At the moment VR 3D apps are few and far between and pretty basic. "Quill" is a 2D/3d painting program which is also very popular.
Even hardcore gamers in the Oculus VR Forums seem to have given up gaming at the moment! Folks who have only dreamed about modeling for themselves are over the moon about the ease of use of both "Medium" and "Quill."
Soon we will get a Poser App that will allow Poser/Daz etc figures to be floating in front of your eyes and with the ability to spin them about with your "hands"
Just think, you'll be able to change clothing by hand, edit and change the figures as you would in real life.
Your scenes will be there floating about in front of your eyes to do with and travel about in as you wish. No more frustrating mouse moving and keyboard clicking.
Move props by "hand" and place/edit them so easily.
Just virtual reality !