• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Using BVH Files With Dawn

Nod

Adventurous
Hi there,

I've been playing with iPi Studio for a while, and thought I'd try putting Dawn through some moves.

Even though I've created a file for her, she just hovers in one place. I've not had this problem with Creepy Kid.

Any suggestions?

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Wish I could help but I've never heard of iPi Studio before. Which version of Dawn have you been using? Poser or DS?

Just had a quick look at the website...what file formats can use for it?

Nod

Adventurous
I use Poser. I've tried fiddling about with the IK, but it makes no difference. As I said, I have no problems with Creepy Kid 2, Just Dawn.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hmm...wonder why that happens. You could try pm'ing Paul and see if he is able to help. Just a thought Creepy Kid 2 has a legacy version as I can use that one in DS. Is it the legacy version you're using which is the old style rigging or the weight mapped version?

Nod

Adventurous
Creepy Kid is the later version.
I have no problem with D4/M4 either, so it must be something to do with the way that Dawn is set up. Not tried it with Dusk.
I'll look into it further once I get back from my holiday.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have animated Dawn with direct Kinect capture input in Poser, and it has worked fine. Of course, iPi has a much more sophisticated motion filtering that avoid many of the direct input jerkiness, but the price to pay is the extra complexity in setting it up properly. I know Guaiamu Studios has used iPi successfully, and he is a member here. He would be the best person to help you with this. :)