• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Use of Dynamic Subdivision in ZBrush + Morphs

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
We did request conforming eyelashes but they decided to keep them as part of the geometry. Shame really. I do agree with you Cath! Working with Genesis 8 was a dream in that way. I would just delete the eyelashes when they autoloaded with G8M and then export to ZB. Loved that. Or I'd export with and they would come in on their own subtool layer so if eye-shapes changed you could easily switch to the eyelash layers and create the new shape for the lashes as well.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh how weird is that. Have you tried going back to 2.79. There's a couple blender groups on FB and the people there are real helpful. If you aren't on FB I can ask for you if you want.
I'm not on Facebook and would sell my computer before I would ever go on Facebook. :sneaky: I don't have 2.79 set up on this computer.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
We did request conforming eyelashes but they decided to keep them as part of the geometry. Shame really. I do agree with you Cath! Working with Genesis 8 was a dream in that way. I would just delete the eyelashes when they autoloaded with G8M and then export to ZB. Loved that. Or I'd export with and they would come in on their own subtool layer so if eye-shapes changed you could easily switch to the eyelash layers and create the new shape for the lashes as well.
I did really enjoyed this workflow Rich .. easier and less destructive way

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What would you call it? It does that on the Transform, Rotate, Scale and Move selections. I posted on a question on Stack exchange, and someone said the driver might need to b updated, but I had to update the driver just to get Blender to launch!
View attachment 70389
That are artifacts , and I don't see other reason than outdated graphic driver as it only affects viewport Open GL
You have 3 options, use older version of Blender , update the graphic driver or stop complaining :sneaky:

eclark1894

Visionary
That are artifacts , and I don't see other reason than outdated graphic driver as it only affects viewport Open GL
You have 3 options, use older version of Blender , update the graphic driver or stop complaining :sneaky:
Well, considering I was using the most up to date driver i could find when I bought this computer, guess I'll stop complaining.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
What would you call it? It does that on the Transform, Rotate, Scale and Move selections. I posted on a question on Stack exchange, and someone said the driver might need to b updated, but I had to update the driver just to get Blender to launch!
View attachment 70389

I'm not on Facebook and would sell my computer before I would ever go on Facebook. :sneaky: I don't have 2.79 set up on this computer.
I asked on FB but no replies yet. 2.79 is here 2.79 — blender.org

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
Well, considering I was using the most up to date driver i could find when I bought this computer, guess I'll stop complaining.
Well maybe the driver changed already since your bought your computer , they changing constantly to improve the softwares , what is your system graphic card ?

I seriously hate to upgrade my graphic drivers and I do it only if I can't use my software proper anymore .
And if you do, do always clean installation and not just update as they tent to mess things up in your system if not clean installed .