• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Upcoming Dawn 2 products

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
In this thread i'll be showing you what i am cooking for Dawn 2. From what i understand, she is backward compatible. If not i have to redo the facemorph. I don't think that will be too hard.

I am working on Jolie on the moment. I just finished her morph and head texture. I haven't put on a good shader yet. This is just to see how she looks and a bit of a feel. The girl she is based on has brown eyes in real life. I might go for that look, don't know yet. I like the blue eyes too!

jolie.jpg

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
I am testing with fibermesh brows. Somehow I cant get it to work in Poser but i can in DS. Anyway still a lot to do. I want to see if i can create bump maps and normal maps based on real scans of skin.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Dawn 2.0 has a different vertex count, so DawnSE morphs won't work with her. But maybe it could be projected? She has a DawnSE morph, so maybe that could be used when projecting the morph? I have never tried something like that, but I bet that's how they do it with Genesis.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
Dawn 2.0 has a different vertex count, so DawnSE morphs won't work with her. But maybe it could be projected? She has a DawnSE morph, so maybe that could be used when projecting the morph? I have never tried something like that, but I bet that's how they do it with Genesis.

Don't worry I have found a solution for that. Also it is possible in DS to do that. Hivewire3d will make their morphs port over in DS too. From what I read they'll make a tutorial for it.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Wow, you have to make a tutorial on how to do that. I only use ZB to make morphs, and even then most of them I create with the Morphing Tool from Poser itself.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's more than I can do in ZBrush. I basically use it for Remeshing stuff I model in Blender, because Blender's Remeshing modifier isn't the greatest.

Aylaaenas_Evenwing

Adventurous
You can do so much with zbrush and also blender. You see to port textures over, it is important for the best quality of the uv maps don't differ too much. Like in dawn and dawn 2. It is possible to port over to different figures but results vary. The better match with uvs the better the outcome. Also to have the best quality, the uvs need to be perfect. And that's hard. Daz has very good uv maps. So does mankahoo. Morphs are easy for the face, body is way harder. That's why I wait. So I can sculpt dawn 2's body.

Although Paul has a way to transfer the shapes over in Daz. I think through transfer utility. From what I read they do that with dawn se to dawn 2.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
There are some UV differences between Dawn 1 and 2, where some are minor, and some are not. I also believe the transfer in DS is done with the Transfer Utility using projections. If we morph Dawn2 into DawnSE, that should make a pretty good base to transfer morphs to. Then we save the shape to disk, and import the morph target into Dawn 2, but this time we subtract the DawnSE shape from it. In theory, that should do the trick.

I have noticed the Transfer Utility has some new controls that I don't recognize. They seem to be essential to control the quality of the morph transfers, so I will have to figure them out somehow. Perhaps Paul knows what they are?