• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Actually it's not that different. The principle and the reason why we do it is the same. If you conform hair made for another figure, you won't be able to move it from the wrong position. Whenever I want to use hair from a different figure, I just parent it to the head, and from that on it behaves like a prop. It can be moved, scaled and rotated if just parented. In most cases that dispenses the need for any conversion tool. :)

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
So I got the Universal Anime head a few weeks ago. And as I was going through the instructions on how to use it, my first thought was, 'Pft! using Dawn is too easy.' :sneaky: So I did this instead:

and then life happened, got distracted and didn't get back to it. So it's just a real quick test
render, but it's a good example of combining any figure.

Oh! It's the HiveWire Big Cat if you couldn't tell. And the hair is from the Bast outfit by Littlefox, although I'm a little disappointed on the material options for the beads. I guess I've never actually used the hair part of the outfit before, because the beads on the rest of the outfit are much better.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Gadget Girl YESSS, that's another good example and proof that we can attach anything to anything using that method. The promo renders show the UAH attached to several different figures in both Poser and DS, so the process is also universal. ^__^

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmmm, wonder how it would look on other Poser characters, like say . . . Pauline. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I would, but I don't have your Anime Head. As much as I like it, I don't do much in the way of anime renders, so haven't grabbed it. :whistling:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Hmmm, true. Maybe I will try it some day, if for no other reason than to satisfy my curiosity. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Yes, I have the Universal Chibi Head, which is the chibi style variant. It's compatible with the skin tones from the UAH, and expands the range of expressions, including some that are particular to the chibi style in particular. This project has improved over the experience learned from the UAH, so the eyes rigging is simpler and more efficient.

ChibiExpressions.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
When will this be in the store?

Good question! The head itself has been completed for the Poser version back in 2015, and since then I have been trying to make a DS version, getting stuck at several parts due to lack of documentation and the never-ending incompatibilities. I am about to give up on the DS version, since it's obviously getting in the way of progress.

Digitell

Enthusiast
I use Poser more than Daz..I only use Daz when I have to. I look forward to this product when it does go for sale!