• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Universal Anime Head

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
the UAH is therapeutic for me: when I play with I can concentrate on getting the hair to fit, posing the characters and lighting and framing the render; as much as i love tweaking the material settings in Reality it's a relief not to have to do it, sometimes :whistling:

Inspired by Dead or Alive, kinda sorta :roflmao:

Am also really happy with the way the sand came out :D

Banditcameraman

Enthusiast
Awesome, Banditcameraman! The different skin tones was a good idea with 3 characters on scene. What bodies did you use? :D

Thankies muchly, Ken :giggle:

Oopsie :x3:

From left to right: Vicky 4 in LF's Petit Bikini, Anatasiya for A5 in Hongyu's Bikini and Lilith 6 with some Callie 6 dialed up in the Sunset Bikini. It's a relief to use the clothes and their native figures because autofit doesn't always work :whistling:

And having different generations looking like they belong together is huge :notworthy:

the UAH is reviving my interest in Genesis ;)

In fact, being at the Hive is reviving my interest in the classic figures: I recently went back to V4 clothes because they're the right format to use CrossDresser so Dawn doesn't have to be nekkid :giggle: :roflmao:

I also used Draagonstorm's Pose Converter: all of the poses come from her Vixens set :cool:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know what you mean - I even made a render with Posette using the UAH because she had a Sci-fi clothing I wanted, but I didn't want to convert it. :D

sanbie

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
the UAH is therapeutic for me: when I play with I can concentrate on getting the hair to fit, posing the characters and lighting and framing the render; as much as i love tweaking the material settings in Reality it's a relief not to have to do it, sometimes :whistling:

Inspired by Dead or Alive, kinda sorta :roflmao:

Am also really happy with the way the sand came out :D

This is just awesome Banditcameraman...

quietrob

Extraordinary
Why is it after I parent a head to another characters body. I use a pose and the head separates from the body.

I don't want that. Why does it happen?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Are you parenting it to Neck 2? That would be where the head attaches on the original body.

Why it doesn't follow the body when posed, I'm not sure, but if the character you "borrowed" the head from is set up even just a little differently, that might be the problem. IOW, the pose isn't finding the exact positioning it needs to following the body in the pose.

Of course, I'm just guessing, as I've never swapped out body parts between characters. I've just used poses from one character on a totally different character, and I usually have to tweak. In that case, however, none of the body parts have been separated from the character's body.

quietrob

Extraordinary
I use two figures. Aiko and Vicky. As far as I know there is no Neck 2. I just parent the neck of one of figure to the neck of the other. That way the head turns with the neck.

I always think poses are interchangeble though they are and require tweaking. In this case it was Allyson and the Pose just destroyed the hybrid character.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@quietrob First of all, that would be a "composite" figure, and not a "hybrid. Composites use 2 separate figures, while hybrid are integrated into the same skeleton and act as a single figure. Maybe the problem was that you have parented one neck to the other. Try parenting the entire body to the head of the other figure (not the neck). That should resolve the posing issues. Hope it helps. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I use two figures. Aiko and Vicky. As far as I know there is no Neck 2. I just parent the neck of one of figure to the neck of the other. That way the head turns with the neck.
Ahhh, I was assuming Dawn. Sorry about that.

quietrob

Extraordinary
@quietrob First of all, that would be a "composite" figure, and not a "hybrid. Composites use 2 separate figures, while hybrid are integrated into the same skeleton and act as a single figure. Maybe the problem was that you have parented one neck to the other. Try parenting the entire body to the head of the other figure (not the neck). That should resolve the posing issues. Hope it helps. :)
Thanks! That sounds very helpful! I'll give it a try. I do believe I have been parenting necks. Could I integrate Aiko's neck into Vicky's head? Is that how the Universal Anime Head different.

Ahhh, I was assuming Dawn. Sorry about that.
It's cool. I know this mostly a Dawn zone. But I think all figures are welcome. Why limit possibilities?

Miss B

CV-BEE
It's cool. I know this mostly a Dawn zone. But I think all figures ar ie welcome. Why limit possibilities?
Of course not. I was just thinking Dawn because that's what I'm used to using more than my older V4 characters. I should've asked what characters you were trying to combine, because as soon as you mentioned it, I remembered the older generation 3 and 4 characters didn't have the 2 Necks and 2 Chests like the HiveWire characters do.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks! That sounds very helpful! I'll give it a try. I do believe I have been parenting necks. Could I integrate Aiko's neck into Vicky's head? Is that how the Universal Anime Head different.

You can attach anything to anything - there is no limit. I explain this in deeper detail in my UAH tutorial, but the basic idea is that "parenting" is not supposed to happen between figures, but instead between props, or between a figure and a prop - not figure with figure. In my tutorial I show how to parent a figure to a figure, but you can't do it at bone level like you have tried. One of the figures (the one you want just the head from) must be treated as a prop, so you can only parent it's BODY. It will be treated as a single object, like a prop. If you try to parent a bone to a bone, things will get ugly pretty quick. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, interesting. I would never have thought of that. Hmmmmm . . . . ~puts thinking cap on~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed it's a simple, yet powerful concept that make some interesting things possible in either Poser or DS. Though parenting seems a bit more complicated in DS. We can do more parenting things in Poser that are just not supported in DS. A good example is my Universal Anime Head, where the teeth are 2 props attached to the head, which is a figure. In Poser the parented props will follow morphs and poses, but not in DS. But even if parenting works differently in DS, attaching one figure to another to replace a body part works the same in both programs. I have been creating fun things with it since the times of Poser 4, and it's just a simple drag and drop operation anyone can do. ^___^

Miss B

CV-BEE
The only time I've parented one cr2 to another cr2 was when I had converted a hair from V4 to Dawn, and even though it was saved as a cr2 during the conversion, it didn't want to conform properly, so I had to "parent" it to Dawn's head. Of course, that's totally different than trying to parent one character's head to another character's body.