• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ultra Textures for HW Horse

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I see that they include .duf files, but am trying to find out if Iray is offered or only 3DL. I don't use 3DL to render which means I'd have to convert them all to Iray and then optimize them.

If they aren't Iray, are there any plans to upgrade them? Thanks.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
All of the horse coats are slowly getting upgraded.
(that said, the base was updated quite a while ago and the Draft, Arabian, Mustang, Quarter Horse and Dapple Grey were updated in the last week so maybe sooner rather than later :D)

Follow this thread and it will tell you when stuff gets updated: Product Updates - Main Notification

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
All of the horse coats are slowly getting upgraded.
(that said, the base was updated quite a while ago and the Draft, Arabian, Mustang, Quarter Horse and Dapple Grey were updated in the last week so maybe sooner rather than later :D)
Follow this thread and it will tell you when stuff gets updated: Product Updates - Main Notification

If these were purchased at rendo instead of here, will the Iray UD be added to our product downloads so we can just download the new files? How does that work? Thanks.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry, I don't know anything about the Rendo stuff, just going by what is here

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Sorry, I don't know anything about the Rendo stuff, just going by what is here

SP-tenor.gif

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hopefully Alisa or Lisa will see this, as they (or at least Lisa) would know how to get the textures if you purchased the product at Renderosity.

I personally can't see why they wouldn't get the same updates folks here in the HiveWire store get, but I don't know if, or how quickly, they would be added to your Renderosity downloads.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Hopefully Alisa or Lisa will see this, as they (or at least Lisa) would know how to get the textures if you purchased the product at Renderosity.
I personally can't see why they wouldn't get the same updates folks here in the HiveWire store get, but I don't know if, or how quickly, they would be added to your Renderosity downloads.
Thanks! I may just ask Alisa if no one sees this.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So sorry I've been MIA here for a bit! Just saw this and yes- regardless of whether one purchases my/HW animal products here or at Rendo you will get the free updates. Currently updated products are:

Arab
Quarter Horse
Mustang
Dapple Grey
Base HW Horse

Both are here and at Rendo now. If at HW just re-download.

Subscribe to this thread to see when more are updated -
Product Updates - Main Notification

Rendo may be a few days behind HW updates as they also do their own QA testing. Also I can't remember how Rendo lets one know there is an update of a product in their store. But good chance if it is updated here and you see that in the above thread it will be at Rendo shortly after/a few days at most. I will let you know/post here if I hear otherwise.

Laurie

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
So sorry I've been MIA here for a bit! Just saw this and yes- regardless of whether one purchases my/HW animal products here or at Rendo you will get the free updates.
Both are here and at Rendo now. If at HW just re-download.
Laurie

Thanks Laurie!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Also I can't remember how Rendo lets one know there is an update of a product in their store.
IIRC Laurie, I've gotten emails from vendors (or possibly just Renderosity the store) when there's been updates to products I've purchased. It has been a while, so not sure if they still do so in that manner, or otherwise.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I *think* they send an email, at least I recall an email for a product I purchased but it might have been a link to a freebie for that product, it was so long I can't remember :p

EDIT: posted the same time as Miss B :p

Miss B

CV-BEE
I *think* they send an email, at least I recall an email for a product I purchased but it might have been a link to a freebie for that product, it was so long I can't remember :p

EDIT: posted the same time as Miss B :p
Yes, I've gotten emails about related freebies, but those usually come in at the same time as the payment receipt email. I've also gotten emails at a later date stating there's been an upgrade.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I've randomly gotten emails from vendors about UD to their products, but not always, so maybe it depends on the vendor?? No idea. But yeah, same as Miss B for freebies. I get an email right about 2 seconds after I get the receipt for what I bought!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I usually don't check my email until after I've finished downloading, so I usually see the emails at the same time. ;)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I got a ton of stuff while it was on 50% off sale at 'the other store'. Sorry....but it was so cheap!

Ultra Textures for the HW Horse pack 1
Ultra Textures for the HW Horse pack 2
Dapple Grey for the HW Horse
Mustang
Quarter Horse
Whisper
Mane and Tail pack 2
Mane and Tail pack 3
Pose Pack 1 for the HW Horse

The only ones that aren't updated with Iray are the Ultra Textures packs, so I'm hoping those will get Iray mats pretty soon. (Laurie, do you feel your ears burning?? ;))

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Its pretty easy to change the textures manually so I just pick the one that has the updated iray mats closest to the colour I want and just change out the colour map to the one I want :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I've got many more updates in the works and close to completion- just not enough time in the day!:) I should def have at minimum all the HW Horse breeds/morphs updated by the end of this year. And then hopefully my 2 packs soon after that, likely the second one first as that one is closest to completion- mainly the Red Dun has been giving me a few fits:)

But yes especially for Iray, Rae's "trick" is a decent enough solution for most of them in the meantime.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I've got many more updates in the works and close to completion- just not enough time in the day!:) I should def have at minimum all the HW Horse breeds/morphs updated by the end of this year. And then hopefully my 2 packs soon after that, likely the second one first as that one is closest to completion- mainly the Red Dun has been giving me a few fits:)
But yes especially for Iray, Rae's "trick" is a decent enough solution for most of them in the meantime.

Awesome, thanks! I'm also wondering if I can use any of the horse textures on Whisper? Or does that one have its own uv's?