• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Turning off Fabi's Beaded Curtians cast shadows??

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I UN-checked Cast Shadows, as my depth cued (I want that kind) lights are causing the beads to shadow onto Lully's curtains... TRYING not to have to render for layers in PS, but no matter what, I can't stop those beads from casting shadows! There is only one place in Properties I can find with a cast shadow box to un-check.

Any ideas? POSER 2014

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are the shadows on the lights as they are in DS? I would check all the lights and also the item itself, but that would be in DS.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
er.... no, tho there is a 'shadow light' in my light set, but it's not the shadow BEING CAST FROM the beads...but ODD thing.... a day later, turn on computer, did a test render and suddenly the curtains in back do NOT have the beaded curtains shadows on them.... so.... Poser gremlins again I guess!? LOL!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I can't count how many times I've had that happen as well Lyne. I even had it happen in Poser, and Blender, over the weekend, on the same day. Turned off the computer and let it cool off for a while, and then everything was OK when I rebooted up again. ~shakes head~