• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Trying Again with Dragon NaturallySpeaking

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you so much, everyone-you had me giggling alternately with feelings of great sympathy for your health issues too. Just a couple of notes-I was actually told by a sports medicine doctor that for me, with fibromyalgia, having surgery on my frozen shoulders would be useless because it would recur. That's fine with me I suffer enough pain without going through surgery!

I'm dictating this within my e-mail program because it respond so well and I can use the menu bar commands here to do things like selecting everything and copy it all, to then paste into the forum. This works well for me. :) Incidentally, I can even say the words ":)-whoops it keeps creating the :) when I say the words. Lots of laughter!

Please Note: I'm using Dragon Naturally Speaking dictation software. The forum coding will not allow me to speak the punctuation-it changes and removes some of the letters in some of the words. When you see punctuation you will know that I have dictated my words off-line and pasted them into the forum. End of public service announcement. :)

RedPhantom

Have you tried dragon's dictation box to dictate to then transfer here? There's also Dragon Pad. Both are under the tools menu and are for times when the software doesn't like working with dragon. The dictation box is easier because it transfers automatically. I think the pad needs copy and paste. I usually only use that if I can't use the dictation box, which is rare.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Well now that's interesting… The Dick Tatian box transfers right into here? For a look at that typo
I'm leaving that first line in marriage is to share with you something's gone very wrong
yeah that doesn't work at all :-(

I'm going to try this again… the dictation box transfers text into hear maybe I'm too tired to speak today because it's not working to speak directly into this form . I don't know why it's adding letters O when I tried to speak the punctuation again but I'll look into that box thing however using my e-mail program for dictating and then copying and pasting through its menu into here works well for me

I did just dictate a very long e-mail letter and it may be that I'm just really tired I have asthma and it's acting out because it's very wet and rainy I didn't mean acting out I said acting up good grief I guess I could laugh at Dragon speaks typos ? T

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
You're doing great! Amazing what all of us deal with, isn't it?
:grouphug:

Yeah, asthma will do it - it can change your voice a bit

I have that as well and it acts up when I'm sick (I've had acute Bronchitis the last - ugh - almost 2 weeks), breathing cold air, affected by allergies, etc. Good thing I don't use Dragon right now cause I developed pretty bad laryngitis a few days ago so can't talk much or well...

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Gosh, Alyssa (this is the first time I've tried to say and name-and it's obvious those are going to get misspelled. I can't use dragons pop up spelling correction box here in the forum-I'm sorry). Anyway I hope you get well soon @Alisa ! (I can one finger tight… TYPE-sheesh… Oh this is going to be fun it's acting wonky again this morning)

I did two things to help myself - one was to wear a thumb brace but I found that it restricted the movement and actually made it worse so I took that off . and the other thing I did is I bought a new trackball mouse. I have a very old Logitech cordless trackball that is actually smaller than the new ergonomic version .

I'm really trying to to be positive but it's agonizing to be kept from my poser artwork ! my breath is fine this morning I don't know why Dragon is having so much trouble here this morning it's having trouble with spacing and the punctuation I'm saying but but I can only do the best I can .

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
LOL, no surprise there, my name's been mis-spelled and mispronounced since I was a kid :) No one has trouble saying or spelling "Lisa" but stick an A in front and it's game over :)

Thanks for the good wishes - I appreciate that!

Hang in there with all of this, Lyne!

{{HUGS}}

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Good thing I don't use Dragon right now cause I developed pretty bad laryngitis a few days ago so can't talk much or well...
I've only once ever had laryngitis, and boy that was not fun. Try spending your day on the phone with your boss' clients with that condition. ~sheesh~

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
I've only once ever had laryngitis, and boy that was not fun. Try spending your day on the phone with your boss' clients with that condition. ~sheesh~

Yeah, that's fun lol.

Once in your whole LIFE?? WOW!

Fortunately I don't have to talk too much - mostly to communicate with hubby across the house as we work..though Chris of course had to imitate my squeak when we Skyped yesterday, which made me laugh, which made me cough :p. He cracks me up!

Carey

Extraordinary
My problem with dragon is I don't think in sentences. so I end up with periods and capital letters everywhere. It would be so nice if I didn't have to type...It is painful and I think much faster then I can type...Course there is the problem that I share my "computer room" with a bunch of talking Parrots and what I write gets intermixed with things like "Pretty Bird", "Kisses, kisses are good" and "Lola, Lola shut up!" with an occasional, "I have a problem here." , "I want out!" and "Want to go for a walk?"....lol

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, that's fun lol.

Once in your whole LIFE?? WOW!

Fortunately I don't have to talk too much - mostly to communicate with hubby across the house as we work..though Chris of course had to imitate my squeak when we Skyped yesterday, which made me laugh, which made me cough :p. He cracks me up!
~ROFL~ Yeah, Chris definitely has a good sense of humor. :)

As for having laryngitis only once in my life, I was really sick. Usually I just get a sore throat and a bad cough, but don't usually lose my voice. It really sucked, that's for sure. I wasn't still sick enough to stay home, but of all days, I spent more time on the phone than doing anything else. At least the clients were sympathetic, rather than making fun of me as Chris might do. ;)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just an update… Most of the time now it seems that Dragon is getting used to the forum or vice versa, and is performing quite well for me. :)

At least that's encouraging when my hand is having setbacks like crazy because I have to do things using it and can't really rest it enough to heal the tendons in the muscles , darn it ! When I hesitate between words it will leave an extra space to I've noticed . D and still throws occasional extra letters after a punctuation for who knows what reason - may be that Dragon blowing smoke? K I now I'm having to do a major setback with my hand because the darn grocery delivery people sent me chicken , two packs, both dated yesterday?! So I'm having to cook it all upand for me that's a lot of work because I cut the raw chicken breasts into tiny pieces and steam them … to say I am frustrated in my life right now would be a real understatement… but I keep pushing through, like finishing up the latest batch of freebies on my website …

Okay off to get at another batch of chicken…

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My daughter and I both have the fibromyalgia and arthritis as well.
And to make matters worse, we keep getting allergies every time they try new meds...sigh.
some years back I tried Dragon Naturally Speaking and it worked fairly well except in a noisy environment.
It is too noisy around here for it to work because our little "Angel" barks at everything and my grandson like to yell a lot. :laugh:
Sure wish I could use something like that with my hands always hurting.
Best of luck with and hope it works really good for you. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear Dragon's getting used to the forum. That'll make things easier I'm sure.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
@Faery_Light did you know that fibromyalgia has an actual "symptom" of odd reactions to medication? I have had that for years and I've gotten books on fibromyalgia and read about all the odd little secondary symptoms… Doctors just don't understand what a myriad of symptoms that FM has! I think with my hands that it is arthritis starting to kick in because both hands have pain that I have not had before it's just that I can't tell if it's in the joints or the tendons. My art allows me to forget about the pain and all the other symptoms for a while so it's doubly frustrating not to be able to do art and hard not to push through and do it anyway.

I think if it were arthritis causing the pain I may as well push through and do art anyway but I can't tell the difference between arthritis pain and repetitive motion causing the pain ! :mad:

In an odd way knowing that other people suffer from the same thing eases my suffering I guess it's simply knowing that we are all not alone in what we're going through don't you think ?

Gentle: :grouphug:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
From what I've read in different articles and from others on my FB pages, Fibro causes a lot of problems and may start in childhood.
When I was a child the doctors always told Mom that all the pains in my feet, legs, hands and arms were "growing pains".
The doctor I have now says there is no reason it should hurt to grow and that was just an excuse to not check further.

But, yes, allergies, dizziness, chest pains as if you are having a heart attack, ear and balance problems to name a few.
My daughter suffers from the same things but she also has a problem with the bones in her neck starting to curve and putting pressure on nerves.
We both get the feeling of excessive gas pains from beneath the rib cage up to the bones of the face.
Our doctor said that is part of it too.

But knowing others know what you are going through, that it isn't in your head and offering words of support helps.
And even when I'm hurting I still do my artwork unless the pain is just too unbearable.
To have to give up my art would be more than I could stand.