• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Tia for G2

DigiDotz

Adventurous
I know ...I know, still havent submitted anything for release. Just been working and surviving for a while..

I have the character "Tia" nearly finished (actually re-worked to include iray settings and stuff) and wondered whether to submit her to Hivewire or not.

The Character is for Genesis 2 female/Victoria 6 and will include a version that doesnt use V6 settings. A few iray renders below. There will be a no makeup option btw
tiairay2.png

tiairay2b.png

..and a 3delight shader/render..
TiaG2pink.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh she's really pretty Digi. Why would you not consider submitting her to the HW store? They welcome products for characters other than Dawn, Dusk, Luna, Harry and so on. There are several products for Genesis 2 or 3.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by the phrase "and will include a version that doesn't use V6 settings".

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
She looks lovely! We do indeed have products for Genesis figures in the store.

BTW, what exactly do you mean by the phrase "and will include a version that doesn't use V6 settings".

V6 is a separate figure so a version that doesn't use her settings would work with the base Genesis 2 for those who don't own V6 (or want other options)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ahhh, I should've realized that. I remember when I first got Genesis 1, I wondered why I wound up with 2 figures in my scene after loading Genesis, and them "trying to apply" one of the V5 characters. I hadn't realized they were separate at that time, but should've remembered it now.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
They're not actually separate. V6 is a morph of Genesis 2 female, as V5 was of Genesis. They have different UVs, though, and some other added morphs.

DAZ Studio gives you the option to either bring in a new character or apply the character to the current figure in the scene. I don't remember how it worked in DS 4 which i know is the last version you used, but now, you can allow the "Character Loading Option" box to come up any time you apply a character to a figure so you can choose, or pick one and always have it do that.

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, they either changed it since Genesis 1 first came out, or it's something the newer DS versions do, because my DS 4.0 Pro loads 2 separate figures when I start with Victoria 5 or Victoria 5 Supermodel, and then try to apply Gabi, or Tori, or any of the other V5 characters I have. I wind up with 2 figures in the scene, not one.

Don't recall if I've ever tried it with the Base Female character, as I don't think I've ever really played with it. I think that's more for folks who like/know how to create their own characters.

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Thanks everyone! Yes, the full character uses 50% V6 body - I'll check the head later. I have another version with all V6 morphs dialed out and tested loading after hiding the V6 Folders. I will have to check on the UV situation as I started the character a long time ago.
The Full character applies to Genesis 2, setting the Tia morph and V6 amount.
I had to take my Son to hospital last night, seems he is allergic to squid! ok now so I'll get back to this later

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Yikes. hope your son's ok. I'd never know if I was allergic to squid cause I'd never eat it *shivers*

DigiDotz

Adventurous
No, I'm not a squid fan either. My wife is from the Philippines though so lots of seafood -for her anyway

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Lots of seafood I love...just not stuff like squid, oysters etc... ;)

CG Cubed

Technical Director
Staff member
HW3D Exclusive Artist
OK, they either changed it since Genesis 1 first came out, or it's something the newer DS versions do, because my DS 4.0 Pro loads 2 separate figures when I start with Victoria 5 or Victoria 5 Supermodel, and then try to apply Gabi, or Tori, or any of the other V5 characters I have. I wind up with 2 figures in the scene, not one.

Don't recall if I've ever tried it with the Base Female character, as I don't think I've ever really played with it. I think that's more for folks who like/know how to create their own characters.

There is a load setting for characters, that used to pop-up a dialog, if you have a figure selected and tried to apply a character. You have 2 choices, add to existing or add a separate figure. Then DS will remember your choice. I think they moved this to preferences, but i'm not sure.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, I'll have to check that out Paul. I'm still working with DS 4.0 Pro and Genesis 1, but I don't recall seeing that.

If it's there, then that definitely will make a difference.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist

There are two types of presets in a case of a character like this :

Shape Preset
Character Preset

Shape Preset saves only morph data in the file, so whenever you apply it to a figure, it will alter only the morphs on the figure.

Character Presets, on the other hand, will load a new figure, apply the morph settings, and any textures on the figure.

Chances are that the V5 load you're talking about was saved as Character Preset, rather than a Shape Preset. It's basically just a "preload" for a figure, so that you get the figure's shape, textures, and materials all in one click instead of having to load them separately. I detest character presets, LOL, especially as the vendors who make them rarely ever bother to label them as such, which only irritates me more. ;)

There is a setting in DS to either load a new figure when applying a Character Preset, or apply to a currently existing figure :

Edit Menu --> Preferences --> "Content Library" tab

upload_2016-7-19_17-51-26.png

Hope that helps. :)

I know ...I know, still havent submitted anything for release. Just been working and surviving for a while..

I have the character "Tia" nearly finished (actually re-worked to include iray settings and stuff) and wondered whether to submit her to Hivewire or not.

The Character is for Genesis 2 female/Victoria 6 and will include a version that doesnt use V6 settings. A few iray renders below. There will be a no makeup option btw

Digi, I think she's quite pretty. And there's no reason you couldn't submit her to the store here. There's genesis and generation 4 products here in addition to Dawn, Dusk, and Baby Luna. I think she would fit in just fine. :)

I like the little "stars" makeup on her cheek. It's very cute!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Seliah. I never noticed that Preference before, and yes, that's exactly how mine's set up. Interesting, as now I'm going to have to play with that, and see if it's working as it should.

Digi, Seliah's correct, you should definitely bring Tia here to the Hive. She's a sweet character, and as Seliah said, we have other characters/products in the store, other than those for the HiveWire family of products, so there's no reason why you should not add your lovely lady too. :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah. I never noticed that Preference before, and yes, that's exactly how mine's set up. Interesting, as now I'm going to have to play with that, and see if it's working as it should.

Well, it's either that one, or the one right below it labelled, "When Loading a DUF Character." But that refers to .duf, and I had thought you were still using DS 3A, which was prior to the .duf format.

My DS is set to prompt me for what I want to do when loading a character preset if I have another figure already selected...

Last edited:

DigiDotz

Adventurous
Ok just had to upgrade to Windows 10 although I didnt want to, I think my son broke windows 8.1 although I cant prove it lol.

I will post a request in seeking beta testing in a bit and take a few days to check through the Hivewire guidelines again probably rename some textures etc

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Glad things are moving along!

Since a Poser version would have to be DSON and not a native Poser version, I don't know that it would stand up as a product on its own.