• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

This is Harder than it looks...

eclark1894

Visionary
This is a big house and a lot of vertices. So I'm merging some verts to reduce the polygon count and simplify the mesh. Stuff I really didn't know I could do when I started working on this house. That, in turn will help me simply the seams on the UV Map... I hope. Fortunately, I'm not trying to do anything on the scale of the DAZ Dream House.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ahhh, yes, simplifying the mesh will help, and yes that'll help with the UV Map as well.

You don't need to compete with the Dream House. Just do what you can as I, for one, look forward to seeing it completed. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think texturing something that large takes patience. A lot more involved than texturing a piece of clothing, or a small prop, that's for sure.

eclark1894

Visionary
Everytime I unwrap, even if I've made sure the seams are where they should be, everything come out to a different size or shape.

Miss B

CV-BEE
What version are you using? Have you started playing with the new 2.8?

Miss B

CV-BEE
Neither can I, which i8s why I haven't installed it yet.

Can you upload a screenshot to show me what you're seeing that doesn't look right?

Miss B

CV-BEE
OK, sometimes it's good to take a break from a large project to work on something smaller. Maybe while you're working on the wagon and harness, you'll find the answer to your issue with the house. You never know when you'll get that AHA! moment. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
OK, sometimes it's good to take a break from a large project to work on something smaller. Maybe while you're working on the wagon and harness, you'll find the answer to your issue with the house. You never know when you'll get that AHA! moment. ;)

That is so often the case. I remember when I was writing tutorials or course notes I would often get stuck on a particular section. If I went off to write a different chapter, or even a different course all of a sudden I would realise a way around the problem even though I was not consciously thinking about the issue. Sometimes you can be just too close to a problem.

eclark1894

Visionary
Finally got around to modeling a mounting step for the wagon. I wonder if I should add a back end to that wagon or leave as is. Then I'll try texturing it.

1570211834678.png

Miss B

CV-BEE
It looks a little strange in the back, as it's open. IOW, there's no place for even a small amount of packages.

Now I'm not saying you need to add a large area in the back, maybe just close off (sides and back) to what you have there. Or is that the back of the wagon seat, and you just have it so it opens up to a storage space under the seat? That would work as well.