• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The dark theme is gone?

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Works pretty well on Facebook. ALLOT of sites are finally supplying a dark mode like Twitter and Deviant Arts but some do not. So this does come in handy. What you want to do is Enable for All Websites and then on the sites that you don't want it affecting just click the Website Toggle button to off or on. The changes are immediate so you don't have to reload the page as you do with some of these add ons!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I was just playing with it, as this site is really the only one I need it for. Most of the other sites I visit are dark enough, or at least not all light, bright colors, so not necessary.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So that's the downside to this add on is that if it's enabled then you open up another site and you have to toggle that button off, it does remember but it can be a tiny bit annoying.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Testing out Dark Mode for Opera (same folks that make it for Water and Firefox) What I notice is that Sauron respects the elements a bit more Take a look and see below

Attachments

• DarkMode.png
    DarkMode.png
    168.7 KB · Views: 177
  • Sauron.png
    Sauron.png
    290.4 KB · Views: 220

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I could not find an addon or extension called Sauron on the addon repository, and through google I got tired of page after page of LOTR wiki and fanfic links.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I had the same problem Kage, until I specifically searched for Sauron browser theme. Then you get appropriate links.

Miss B

CV-BEE
So that's the downside to this add on is that if it's enabled then you open up another site and you have to toggle that button off, it does remember but it can be a tiny bit annoying.
It's what I do with Dark Mode as well. I wish they had an option to make a "whitelist" for sites we don't want to use them on.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I managed to find this one for Water Fox which has an Options palette accessible from the add-ons page for more than 20 different variant dark modes. I highly recommend Dark Mode 0.34 for Waterfox Users.
Yes, I'm using #6, Amoled Dark with Firefox. I tried a whole bunch of them, and that's the one I like the best. You may like one of the others better.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes, I'm using #6, Amoled Dark with Firefox. I tried a whole bunch of them, and that's the one I like the best. You may like one of the others better.

Oh, that's the one I'm using, too. And I'm using it in Opera. I tried all of them, one by one - this is the one I liked the most, and seemed the most functional across multiple websites with different UI's.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
You learn something everyday! Going to play with these Dark Mode & Sauron thingy's for a bit.
Thanks for the tips you guys. :D

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
So I have found an issue with both of the Dark Mode extensions I have tried with Waterfox and I am wondering if I am alone. It seems it randomly hides some images. I can not seem to get this behavior to stop. Has anyone else encountered this or does anyone have a fix?

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I use Google Browser so I've downloaded "Dark Reader" it will change most web sites to dark mode.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I use Dark Mode with my Firefox browser. I thought it was available for a good many of the available browsers.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Hmm, new Chrome has it but can't find where.

Go to settings in the menu. Once there (it opens a tab) look for Appearance, and in that box, the first option is Themes (opens the Chrome Web Store). There are several dark type themes, including Dark Theme v3.

Dana