• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The dark theme is gone?

DanaTA

Distinguished
I'm OK with the way it is now. And originally, before you had problems and went to this default. I was just saying in general, I don't like white text on black or dark grey backgrounds...it makes my eyes go crazy.

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Understood, I was just making a suggestion. There might be others who are willing to play with the settings for their needs.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm OK with the way it is now. And originally, before you had problems and went to this default. I was just saying in general, I don't like white text on black or dark grey backgrounds...it makes my eyes go crazy.

Dana

Yeah, I can empathize. That's how I am with black text on white backgrounds. Or any dark text on brightly colored backgrounds at all. I end up with headaches within seconds of trying to read on it. Daylight can actually leave my eyes red and burning, and brightly colored backgrounds on the computer can have the same effect if they're bright enough or stark enough.

So yeah. Totally understand someone having trouble with the color of a text. My husband can't stand white or off-white text on dark backgrounds, either.

robert952

Brilliant
At work, our internal sites are white background and medium gray text. That's hard to read too. And that's the style on so many websites for some reason..
Seems the Dark Theme used a gray lettering. Didn't seem as harsh to me as pure white. I could be wrong.
I had gotten used to it and hope it returns soon.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I'm using Opera and for the time being I'm using a darkening add on called Sauron! I know they make it for Firefox as well. The only issue is that you have to fiddle with it a bit and on some web sites it's doesn't work very well with all the elements but for this website it looks quite nice in most areas.... See the screen shots below

Also now the store is not working correctly.

PS. I do dig the new forums!

Attachments

• HivewareForum Example.png
    HivewareForum Example.png
    145.4 KB · Views: 194
  • Sauron Panel.png
    Sauron Panel.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 183

McGyver

Energetic
I recently had my eyeballs recalibrated, so when I visited I thought they did something wrong... I got all ready to start shouting at the eyeball recalibration guy at the eyeball center. It’s good to know dark mode will be back...
Till then I’ll use my own workaround, which is to keep my eyes shut while reading and typing...
See oi hatdlu makrs a nitivabl diffwrencxe

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't know what browser you use McG, but there's an add-on called Dark Mode for several browsers. I use it for Firefox, and it works well while the theme issues are worked on.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I got it!
Since I had dark themes already enable I just found "Dark Reader for Chrome" and added it, now I have it web wide! :D

Last edited:

McGyver

Energetic
I don't know what browser you use McG, but there's an add-on called Dark Mode for several browsers. I use it for Firefox, and it works well while the theme issues are worked on.
I use Safari on my iPad... I tried the Firefox dark mode a long time ago, back when DAZ switched over the their current look. It wasn’t bad, but it made some websites look funky... eventually I turned it off. I’ll just wait until the different themes are available.

Miss B

CV-BEE
That's what I use, and it's available for a few other browsers as well, though I don't recall offhand which other browsers it's available for.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I use Sauron. It's for most browsers. It's a bit fiddly. It needs more options I think for better control but for me it's been the best as most of the night mode options out there dull most elements! Sauron can affects SOME of the web page elements NOT to my liking but it's not as bad as the others I've tried so I stick with it.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Rich. This isn't bad at all. I'm used to the Dark Mode theme, but this is a close second.

I'll have to test it out on a few other sites I visit regularly, and see how it goes.