• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Cooking Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
When my youngest son was a teenager he got into cooking. We cooked "together" every night. I would actually wash dishes and just instruct him what to do. He's gotten to be an amazing cook as an adult. For about a year we wanted to work out the best meatloaf recipe ever so we cooked a meatloaf once a week for the year. Here's what we came up with.

Two pounds of hamburger
One pound of ground sausage
Bell peppers, different colors
Chitpotle in adobo sauce
Onion
Garlic cut fine
One egg
One loaf of Dutch crust french bread
Pineapple chunks (optional)

Dice up peppers and onion, saute in olive oil until softish. Stir in chitpotle (about two or three), some of the sauce and garlic. Let it cool down, Add hamburger and sausage. Tear up french bread into one inch squares or so. Add to the hamburger, add egg and mix it all together. Bake at about 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. Makes two good size loafs.

You can add different kinds of peppers depending on how hot you want it, Anaheim whatever.

Man it's soooo good!

And the pineapple worked? Meatloaf is either really good or really bad depending upon the recipe. I think this one sounds like my mom's and that woman could cook!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Last night I made a brioche bread and butter pudding sans spots. OMG, I thought I'd died and gone to heaven. And after I ate the whole lot I really thought I was going to die. Soooo much tummy!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY!!! Lorraine is in the house!!! Your Brioche Bread sounds good, but eating the whole thing? That makes my tummy hurt just thinking about it.

I was just thinking about you the past couple of days, as it's been too long since we've seen you here. I hope all is going well with you. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Hi Miss B! Yeah, I'm well and really going to make a concerted effort to keep in touch here. Sometimes life sucks but I've learned to just wait it out. It took a bit longer this time.