• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Birthday Thread!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks guys, I had a great birthday (even got a little headache this morning to show for it LOL) :p

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I bought myself 2 $5 cocktails (and they were pretty strong) and then someone bought me a couple and then I got one on the house (I don't normally drink anymore so they kinda hit me when I got home :D)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
It seems appropriate to put this here: the first two lambs were born to my little flock of Shetland sheep last night! One girl and one boy, both doing well so far. They haven't got names yet; Mum's name is Bria, she's a first-time mum and is very proud of her babies.

Img_7217s.jpg Img_7218s.jpg
(I think the one on the left of the ewe, most visible in the second photo, is the boy)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm assuming Mum's that wooly because it's still winter, and she hasn't been sheared yet.

The lamps are cute. :)

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
I'm assuming Mum's that wooly because it's still winter, and she hasn't been sheared yet.

Yep! Because she's a 'primitive' breed, her fleece will shed naturally when it's ready (it can also be plucked by hand at that stage). Hers is just starting to lift now, but I didn't want to start removing it while she was so close to lambing, and I'll hold off a while longer while the lambs are still tiny and Mum's still creating her bond with them. One of my other sheep was starting to shed great handfuls of fleece, so I began rooing (plucking), but only half of the fleece was ready to come away so now he looks like this:

LeoAfters.jpg
Hopefully if the sun comes out for a day or two the rest will be ready to roo.

Edit: rooing doesn't seem to hurt them. Leo there was munching happily at his feed while I was plucking, except when I found the bits that weren't ready, then he told me so! It lets the sheep stay standing up as well, unlike shearing, which is handy because I have to work on them out in the field on the grass.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I know a lady here in the US who has a farm, but also has clients she visits during shearing season.