• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

The Beginner's Guide to Starter Essentials for Daz Studio 4

TBG1 Starter Essentials DS4
Are you new to Daz Studio and the wonderful world of using 3D modeling to create fantastic artwork? Don't get disappointed and throw your hands in the hair. Grab a copy of this tutorial to take you step-by-step from nothing in the viewport to how to use the variety of items available in the Starter Essentials bundles for Genesis, Genesis 2 Female and Genesis 2 Male to create your very own scenes.
Don't be afraid of all the power that Daz Studio offers! Hit the ground running by learning what you need to get started without the need to buy anything else. Once you know what you are doing, nothing will be able to stop you. This guide is fully illustrated in PDF format covering everything from installing the Starter Essentials manually or with DIM to how to find all that wonderful content included for free from DAZ3D.
* Tutorial Overview:
- 60-Pages Fully Illustrated
- Popular PDF Format
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- Prepared with DAZ Studio 4.6
* Getting Started:
- What is Starter Essentials?
- Preparing DAZ Studio Layout/Style
- Finding/Installing Starter Essentials
* Your First Scene:
- Finding Items in Smart Content
- Creating Your First Scene
- Adding/Deleting Objects
- Putting It All Together
- Saving Your Scene
* Rendering:
- Adding Lights
- Render Settings
* Adding Color and Style:
- Applying Materials to Objects
* Content Library:
- Finding Items in Content Library
- Adding Items to Scene
* Conclusion:
- Complete Scene using only Starter Essentials

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
Erm we are on version 4.10 as the latest release of DS and Genesis 8, surely it would be better for begginners to start learning the latest version. I'm not sure if you can even get older versions if you don't already have them

True, assuming we have all updated to 4.10 (and 4.11 as soon as it comes out, if ever).
However, for free there may be some info of value to newbies and more...and I would hope that should be for each individual to determine for themselves.

REWRITE (time lapsed before I could edit previous):
1. True, regarding newbies using version 4.10. However, as a free item it may contain some info of value to newbies and even others...and I prefer to leave that decision for each individual to determine for themselves. We strive to provide a good enough description so that all it may cost is the time to download and preview.
2. Otherwise, not really sure what to think; however, when I was a beginner I sought after as much info as I could to learn about Daz Studio. And because money was tight, free tutorials and products were more often than not my only resources. Some were older and some were new, but all were greatly appreciated.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Thank you Winterbrose, much appreciated.
I, for one, have DS -NOT - updated to the latest version, but I am sure that even in that case your PDF would have useful information in it

Riccardo

Adventurous
REWRITE (time lapsed before I could edit previous):
1. True, regarding newbies using version 4.10. However, as a free item it may contain some info of value to newbies and even others...and I prefer to leave that decision for each individual to determine for themselves. We strive to provide a good enough description so that all it may cost is the time to download and preview.
2. Otherwise, not really sure what to think; however, when I was a beginner I sought after as much info as I could to learn about Daz Studio. And because money was tight, free tutorials and products were more often than not my only resources. Some were older and some were new, but all were greatly appreciated.

I don' know why @Winterbrose A&G second answer (above) came out in an unreadable color (at least with my HW3D dark color scheme), anyway I completely agree with that. Thanks again for taking the time of posting these resources.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don' know why @Winterbrose A&G second answer (above) came out in an unreadable color (at least with my HW3D dark color scheme). . . .
I'm using the dark theme, and I see it fine. That said, however, I have come across a post now and then that I have to select in order to read. I don't know which color(s) of text would do that, but I have seen it happen. Luckily not too often.