• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Texture Transformer

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Not really related to Dawn or Dusk, but Blacksmith3D just released a module to get V4 Textures transferred to Genesis 3 Female. Which is very much in demand by anyone who is trying to adapt to the new paradigm. Over on Rendo.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I want to get it but I have not shopped at rendo for so long that I forgot why I stopped shopping there. One day I might shop there again but not sure when.

Is it good enough to stop my boycott of renderosity? I have not shopped there since November 2013.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the link Jodel...it is exciting times in 3D with lots of new content but it is important to be able to leverage your old content also.

McGyver

Energetic
Just the other day I bought 3D Coat, so I probably won't be spending any cash for a while... But Blacksmith 3D has always sounded very interesting and over the years I've heard great things about it... Years ago I tried the demo and it really didn't seem to work well on my Mac, but I figured that was just a Mac issue... Recently I bought a new Windows machine but apparently the Demo (when I looked) was $3 at Rendo... I was a little put off by that and the fact that as far as I could see there are only the same bunch of videos from years ago to explain the product... The new module you mentioned sounds like a great idea and a great way to get added value from older content. I'll try and keep it in mind, thanks.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I have the full BS3D Pro, but will probably not be investing in the V4->G3F module. I've only used TT to transfer merchant resource skins (when not prohibited by the usage terms) because of it being too time consuming to transfer an entire set of textures, makeup and all. Now with other tools at my disposal, I may not use BS3D much at all.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
I have the full BS3D Pro, but will probably not be investing in the V4->G3F module. I've only used TT to transfer merchant resource skins (when not prohibited by the usage terms) because of it being too time consuming to transfer an entire set of textures, makeup and all. Now with other tools at my disposal, I may not use BS3D much at all.
How would I know if it is allowed or prohibited by the usage terms?

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Actually I've had my eye on Blacksmith 3D for a while, but I've never been really sure of how well it works. There are some v4 textures I would love to convert over for Dawn. Anyone have any experience using it this way?

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Actually I've had my eye on Blacksmith 3D for a while, but I've never been really sure of how well it works. There are some v4 textures I would love to convert over for Dawn. Anyone have any experience using it this way?
I haven't used the full Blacksmith 3D but I have used their Texture Transformer, was quite awhile ago and from memory it seemed to work ok.

Recently I bought a new Windows machine but apparently the Demo (when I looked) was $3 at Rendo... I was a little put off by that and the fact that as far as I could see there are only the same bunch of videos from years ago to explain the product.
Its free when you make a $3.50 purchase (or more). Just means you have to have another purchase in the cart at the same time.