• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Surreally's Body Jewels?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Anyone have these? They are in the RDNA final blowout sale at a very reasonable price.

But they use Poser Advanced shaders which are inaccessible in Studio.

However, from the sound of the description, they are designed to apply like 2nd skins, and they do apparently have some form of texture file. So, with the understanding that they probably require the V4 UV set, would there at least be something that *would* apply in Studio? Like a decal? If it shows up in the scene list as a separate item, presumably one could apply a different shader to it? The texture wouldn't be the same, but the shape might?

Even if one does lose the ability to layer them one over the other as shown in the promos.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Actually, if I read the product information correctly, they require Advanced Shaders 1.5, which I think is a product by Semidieu/Shaderworks. I found an Advanced Shaders Launcher 1.5, which is probably what Surreality was talking about. That's a script that gives you advanced options for applying shaders to whole scenes, which isn't, by default, available. Unfortunately, there isn't enough information listed as to exactly what is included (other than the shaders), so don't know what to tell you. I don't have any of those packs, so can't check.

It is possible that they are done with masks over the skin textures, and then the Advanced Shaders create the look you want in the area marked by the mask.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks for confirming that Traci. That's what I thought when I read the product page.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
If they have texture files, then maybe you could do them yourself using the image layering. I don't have them though so I don't know what the texture files would be like.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
What I wanted to know is does *anything* apply to the figure. Even a blank silhouette of the shape would be useful.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
What I wanted to know is does *anything* apply to the figure. Even a blank silhouette of the shape would be useful.

I don't know how to answer your question. The way these are set up the Semidieu application does the overlay and there's no way to figure out how it does its magic as those files are encrypted by the Shader program.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. That pretty much settles it. A pity. Being able to apply the decals (and then put 3dl or Iray shaders on them) would have been awfully nice. The swirls and arabesques are quite lovely.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes Pen, Surreality still has a store at Renderosity. Don't know if she sells anywhere else, though I don't think so.

Zaarin

Brilliant
Yes Pen, Surreality still has a store at Renderosity. Don't know if she sells anywhere else, though I don't think so.
She has a store at DAZ as well. I too have been wondering if she's still around. We used to be friends and I tested some of her products for her; I really liked both her and her products--she had such a unique style. Sadly, I haven't seen any new releases from her in a couple years. :(

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, of course. She was involved with the Modern Muses products, of which I have a couple or three. I totally forgot that.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I haven't seen anything new, although I'm not sure how long the masks over at Rendo have been there. Everything is still for V4. I love her style and have some of her characters and the modern muse outfit. I just love her style...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
She did a couple of characters for Genesis, and I think maybe a couple for G2F. But it's been a couple of years since I've seen a new release from her. The Body jewels are/were on RDNA and part of the closeout sale. If she's active anywhere it would probably be on Rendo.

Not really surprising that just about everything she's done has been for V4. She used Poser-specific materials extensively. Gorgeous stuff though. And wow, what a master of morphs! Most of the Modern Muses had several variants. I think Equinox was the prize. I can't remember how any potential faces and bodies came with that set.

Zaarin

Brilliant
She did a couple of characters for Genesis, and I think maybe a couple for G2F. But it's been a couple of years since I've seen a new release from her. The Body jewels are/were on RDNA and part of the closeout sale. If she's active anywhere it would probably be on Rendo.

Not really surprising that just about everything she's done has been for V4. She used Poser-specific materials extensively. Gorgeous stuff though. And wow, what a master of morphs! Most of the Modern Muses had several variants. I think Equinox was the prize. I can't remember how any potential faces and bodies came with that set.
And what I loved about her morphs was that they were so different. Lady Jane is my personal favorite because she has that Post-Raphaelite/Jane Morris/Florence Welch look. I loved all the different makeup options she created, too. She was so creative, but since most of her work wasn't the typical glamor dolls that flood the market I always sort of suspected her stuff didn't sell as well as she'd like...which is likely why it's been a couple years, especially since Genesis really split the market.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
The advanced shaders Python script will work in poser only. However - content set up for it is a usually bunch of overlay maps, and or partial shader setups.

So in theory a DS user could take the imagemaps and set them up using LIE for the same effect. If you have poser or a friend with poser they could apply the shaders to a base v4 and save mat poses for you to dissect in DS.

Last I heard Surr and her mum went into the handmade jewelry business or something like that.