• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superhero for Dawn

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This isn't a figure/character, Carmen - it's a outfit :) And while it supports some morphs, it doesn't require any of them.

This will work with any of the Dawn iterations from thru the current SE version :)

Have fun!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I like this figure. The first promo I saw she looked shorter and fuller bodied and that was a real nice departure from the super model looks of the other figures out there. Though I have not used Dawn yet (sorry I am slow to change!) therefore do not know what her proportions are compared to V4 or what they might be compared to this new figure, from what I have seen of those proportions she seems like a supermodel type. I like this one a lot and therefor might just migrate to Dawn to try her out. Do we need to get the Dawn extra morphs and stuff to use this figure or will she work with the Dawn base figure (LE?).

Yes, like Alisa said, this is an outfit for Dawn, not a character. But when it comes to body proportions, this is my FIRST outfit for Dawn that natively supports body scaling, so body proportions can be changed to anything you like with scaling dials, and the outfit will follow where others will break apart! ^__^

RobZhena

Adventurous
I converted your outstanding costume to Pauline to showcase my Heroine Pauline freebie, this one with your boots, which translated surprisingly well in Wardrobe Wizard.

Heroine Pauline Superhero.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am amazed how well it translated to Pauline, to include the mask and boots. I imagine the gloves would be a challenge as usual with conversions. ^^

quietrob

Extraordinary
I am amazed how well it translated to Pauline, to include the mask and boots. I imagine the gloves would be a challenge as usual with conversions. ^^

I use clothing converter and it gives me no problem with gloves, however, Boots...no way. Wardrobe Wizard works well with boots too? I might have to actually give it a try.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
The maker of Wardrobe Wizard, Phil Cook, has also created a tool specially meant to convert shoes and boots. You can find it at his web site. :)

quietrob

Extraordinary
Sometimes it just be like that. I didnt wish to fork out 25 bucks for a solution that isn't really sure fire but it's good to know that it will work on boots (or shoes) if the stars align right! That's not a dig at the great Phil C. I don't even know enough to ask why Xdresser would work on a skirt and shirt but not a kimono, boots but not shoes.

I'm still just a bug at this.

RobZhena

Adventurous
WW is built into Poser, so it's free (though you have to buy the Dawn and Dusk expansion modules)! Oh, the gloves did turn out useless.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@quietrob Indeed, clothing conversions are a hit or miss kind of thing. Some things convert better than others, but the general rule is that tight outfits will have a better chance because of the way things work with shrink wrapping. I had some good results with XDresser, but shoes and gloves are a problem. I prefer to do the conversion manually in Poser. If you can reposition/resize the shoes/boots over the figure, the Fitting Room can get it converted with just a couple of clicks, though you might have to adjust the weight maps for better bending.

@RobZhena I am yet to see anything that can convert gloves. Making them is already tough enough because of the sheer number of joints: 16 per hand. We have to adjust the weight maps for each joint in 3 axes, which then makes 48 joint adjustments per hand. This is why so few outfits include full gloves. I think my Superhero outfit might be one of the only ones with complete gloves for Dawn - most of the others don't include fingers or gloves for both hands. It's a lot of work and people don't want to do it. It's probably what makes conversions so difficult, because there are so many joints, making a lot of things that can go wrong.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
WW is built into Poser, so it's free (though you have to buy the Dawn and Dusk expansion modules)! Oh, the gloves did turn out useless.
Sorry for stupid question but not sure what WW is?
And where is this clothing conversion app and does it work on a mac?

......Oops....never mind.....sorry....WW means Wardrobe Wizard of course. Brain not working.
Does it work on a Mac does anyone know? Where is the site now...haven't visited in a very long time!